Saturday 7 July 2012

Something like Normal


Something Like Normal

(Mature YA)
Source: Kindle
by
When Travis returns home from a stint in Afghanistan, his parents are splitting up, his brother’s stolen his girlfriend and his car, and he’s haunted by nightmares of his best friend’s death. It’s not until Travis runs into Harper, a girl he’s had a rocky relationship with since middle school, that life actually starts looking up. And as he and Harper see more of each other, he begins to pick his way through the minefield of family problems and post-traumatic stress to the possibility of a life that might resemble normal again. Travis’s dry sense of humor, and incredible sense of honor, make him an irresistible and eminently lovable hero

From Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50


My Review...


Well I thought this book was emotionally charged and a great journey of life and love.


I thought how Travis experiences post war was well depicted and his journey of finding out who he is now after that trauma is a good one. 


Let me tell you though I was extremely pissed off with some of his choices when it came to his ex- girlfriend. I was also shocked how his brother treated him and how he felt he deserved everything that Travis had including his girlfriend and let me tell you Travis's Dad is quite the douche bag. 


But Harper I love (maybe all characters of Harper are great since I also loved Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie as well).  Even though Travis did not treat Harper well when they were younger I love how she is so much more the bigger person and finds the best in everyone and everything. I think she is great for Travis and I love how she helps him through his darkest times so that way Travis can see the light again. 


It was a great story and I definitely recommend this book. 4.5 Thumbs Up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up.5

Something Like Normal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.