Sunday 15 July 2012

Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story


Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story

(Adult Romance)

Source: Kindle

by
Renee Evans has a knack for trouble. After walking in on her best friend and boyfriend in bed together, twenty-five year-old Renee flees sunny Los Angeles and her dream job as a music journalist and returns to her hometown of Boston – only to meet Dylan Cavallari, the mysterious, aspiring musician who lives in her apartment building. Dylan’s piercing gaze and womanizing demeanor make him exactly the type of guy that Renee should steer clear of – which is most likely the reason she falls for him. But when Renee’s troublesome ex comes back and threatens to drive her and Dylan apart, Renee is forced to face her past and save her relationship with Dylan before it's too late.

Sound Bites dramatizes what happens when Renee finds herself caught between a painful past and an uncertain future. Happiness turns out to be within her grasp, but it all depends on whether she can trust herself enough to make the right decisions. Sound Bites is a novel about love, friendship, betrayal, forgiveness, and the power of music to help you find your way


From Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50

My Review...

I always love a rock & roll love story. I liked this book. I liked Dylan and his sarcasm and him being a bit of an asshole. I thought it was quite entertaining.  One of my favorite parts is when he gives some stranger the wrong directions just for shits and giggles. I love how finding Renee brought out his softer side. I also loved how he was one of the good guys and not a cheating rock and roll guy.

So I would hate to be Renee and find your best friend and boy friend together. I think that would be one of my worst relationship nightmare but everything happens for a reason. If that did not happen then she would never have found Dylan who is the perfect fit for her.

A few things that bugged me a bit was Renee referencing Dylan as kid. I think that is a personal thing for me and also her not telling him her secret it drove me batty how many times she kept making excuses to not tell but by all means it did not take away from the story.  I also would love to find out what happens with Justine and David in the future.

I was a good read. 4 thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.