Monday 10 September 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Tegan Collins

This week's Book BF is.......

 Tegan Collins from Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn

Some of the reasons why Tegan is my book bf

1) He sees people for who they are and not for what they look out
2) Super loving and protective of his family
3) Has a super healthy lifestyle and loves fiercely

Here are some examples of why oh why Tegan is great

"I like you, Annabel Lee."  I'm boxed in between Tegan and his car. His chest touches me.  "Why?" I ask.  "Because you're pretty...funny...smart...sarcastic...and you get it. Get me. Get my family."

"This time, I'm really going to kiss you so if you don't want me to, you better stop me now."......Tegan's forehead drops forward so it's resting against mine.  "Why did that take us so long?"

"You're kind of addicting, do you know that? I don't know what it is about you, but you're different."

"First of all, Billy would be honored to have you love him.  I have to admit, I'm pretty stoked you don't. Makes me luckier because you're mine."

Little firecrackers pop in my belly, but then I realize what he said. "You'd really suffer through a meeting with my mom for me?"  "Annabel Lee, when are you going to realize there's not much of anything I wouldn't do when it comes to you?

"You don't have to thank me for anything. You're...being with you is the first thing I've done for me in a long time. We're a team. When are you going to realize that?"

"That's part of it right there.  I love your laugh. Love how you make me feel good. You make me want to find the good in everything. Make me realize there are good people out there.  People who will always stick by your side."

Ahhh! Swoon Tegan is so awesome. Thank you Nyrae Dawn

All phrases and quotes from Measuring Up by Nyrae Dawn


Measuring Up

by

Seventeen-year-old Annabel Conway is tired of the Hillcrest High School elite making her life miserable because she’s not a size two. This summer, she's hiring a personal trainer to help her lose weight.

Annabel doesn’t expect her trainer to be a gorgeous guy around her age. Boys like Tegan are jerks. They pretend to like girls like her so they can make an idiot out of them. Been there, done that. Totally not going there again. She kind of hates him on principal. Blond. Muscular. Funny. It doesn’t help that he knows her measurements!

Soon, Tegan's so much more than that. He’s the boy who teaches her to box when she has a bad day. Who jogs with her and lets her set the pace. Who kisses her until she melts. He makes her feel beautiful regardless of what the scale says. Unlike her mom, he doesn’t expect perfection, and he doesn't try to shield her from the world like her dad and best friend. Tegan likes her the way she is.

But what happens when he’s not there? He can’t always be there…

Will Annabel be able to stand on her own and learn that she already measures up? That her worth doesn’t lie in what the world thinks, the scale says, or even what Tegan tells her—but in herself?


From Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.