Monday 12 November 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Chad Gamble

So this week I think needs to be the hottie baseball player Chad Gamble from Tempting the Player by  J. Lynn

Why do I think Chad deserves this title this week well...
1) He is a famous baseball player
2) He is the typical bad boy who gets tamed with an average woman versus a supermodel ;)
3) He has a great sense of humor
4) Once he figures out he is in loves he goes all in
5) His love for his brothers and the Daniel's

Some of the reasons why I loved Chad:

"You're a lucky man, Chad, in more ways than one."  Bridget brows shot up.  A tight smile appeared on Chad's face as he took Bridget's boneless hand.  "That I know.  Have a nice evening."

Chad stumbled a little, and Bridget had never seen him stumble.  He drew up short and swallowed as his gaze drifted over her.  "You look... absolutely beautiful."

A flush crept across her face an instant before Chad came up behind her, slipping an arm around her waist. "You doing okay over her?" he whispered and when she nodded, he spoke louder, addressing the horde of beautiful and surprisingly nice women. "All of you look lovely tonight."

"I..." She took a deep breath and smelled Chinese food. Her brows pinched as she glanced around.  "Why do I smell General Tso's chicken?  Chad smiled.  "When you said you were swinging by, I took the liberty of ordering a late lunch. It's your favorite right?"

"And I've spent a dozen or so Christmas Eves with the Danielses and more than I want to remember with my brothers." He flashed that teasing smile of his.  "And I haven't spent one with you.  So that's why I'm here.  Don't argue with me about it."

"Good-that's good," he said, sliding his hands down her front, stopping on her belt.  "You have no idea how badly I've wanted this. Days. Weeks. Months now. I've wanted you-only you."

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"  Bridget nodded, mouth dry.  "I'm going to tell you again. You're beautiful. And you're perfect."

"Chad, I need you."  A hand tightened on her hip.  "That's all I want to hear - ever."

"That's why I did it. May not have fully realized it at the time, but I do. I love you. And I can't have my girl not having her job."

"I want to fix things because of you. I want to be worthy of you."


Oh Chad. I am smitten!

All quotes and phrases from Tempting the Player by J.Lynn



Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2)

by
Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.