Wednesday 14 November 2012

Breaking Beautiful


Breaking Beautiful

YA Fiction

Source: kindle

by
Allie lost everything the night her boyfriend, Trip, died in a horrible car accident—including her memory of the event. As their small town mourns his death, Allie is afraid to remember because doing so means delving into what she’s kept hidden for so long: the horrible reality of their abusive relationship.

When the police reopen the investigation, it casts suspicion on Allie and her best friend, Blake, especially as their budding romance raises eyebrows around town. Allie knows she must tell the truth. Can she reach deep enough to remember that night so she can finally break free? Debut writer Jennifer Shaw Wolf takes readers on an emotional ride through the murky waters of love, shame, and, ultimately, forgiveness


From Goodreads
Goodreads-badge-add-plus 

My Review.... 

I have been meaning to read this book for quite awhile. I had bought it when it first came out but had not got the chance to read it. But now I did and I am so glad.  Abuse stories are quite dear to my heart so I love when I get the chance to read such a beautiful story with a beautiful ending. 

Emotional and physical abuse is such an ugly thing and so often the victims stay victims because they do not know any other way. In this book Allie's character was able to become a survivor.  I liked Allie's journey in this tale. It had good suspense and great characters. I loved loved the relationship of Allie and her twin Andrew and the love between them.  I also loved the relationship between Andrew and Caitlyn and that fact it was unconventional since Caitlyn fell in love with Andrew as a person. I also fell for Blake as well. 

Where it fell a bit flat for me was the connection between Allie and Blake. I love the idea of them and the ending but I didn't feel the growth and connection it was just look like book all of a sudden they were a them. But all in all it was a great book and that little issue is small in the scheme of things. 

Definitely worth a read and I give it 4 thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren 

Buy at Amazon:

 

or at iBooks:

 Breaking Beautiful - Jennifer Shaw Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.