Monday 10 December 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Colt Barnes

This week's Book Boyfriend is a truly beautiful man with a tough life...

Colt Barnes from Charade (The Game Series #1) by Nyrae Dawn

Why is Colt my book boyfriend?  Well ...

1) He is broken and beautiful (yep my weakness)
2) His love for his mother still brings tears to my eyes
3) His love for Cheyenne is breathtaking.
4) He is the glue that helps put Cheyenne together and vice versa
5) He is rough around the edges and not perfect but so loyal and loving

Here are some of the ways of why Colt has my heart:

Leaning forward I kiss the top of her head. I feel her shaking as she cries, but no sounds come out. She's locked up so tight and I both respect her for protecting herself and want to set her free at the same time. "It's okay. We're good."

"You're doing fucking awesome," Colt whispers in my ear and I can't help but smile at that. Only he would use the word 'fuck' at my mom's funeral.

I don't know if pep is the right word." Then he leans closer. "Just know that you can. I won't tell. I might not be able to do much for you, but I'll hold your secrets."  (Oh Colt be still my beating heart)

"I thought this was a game," I remind him.  "Not anymore and you know it. Everything else in my life is all fucked up. This is the only thing that's real."

"I'm fucking good at this boyfriend shit. Who would have thought?"

I cry harder.  I need to stop, but I can't make myself do it. I wipe my eyes as Colt stands up. He kisses her cheek. Stands and drops his forehead against mine.  No words are needed. We just lean into each other.

"I'm a prick half the time, but you make me better.  You make me happy. I don't want to lose you. I love you. I don't want to lose you."

All quotes and phrases from Charade by Nyrae Dawn



Charade (The Games Series #1)

by
Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection.

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too.

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever 


From Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.