Saturday 1 December 2012

Mia's Heart (The Paradise Diaries #2)


Mia's Heart (The Paradise Diaries #2)

YA
Source: Kindle
by
My name is Mia Giannis.
I am seventeen years old.
I live in Valese, Caberra.

This has become my mantra and my lifeline, having recently lost my memory due to a scary natural disaster.
Yeah. I have amnesia. Messed up, right?

You don't know the half of it.

Not remembering anything has turned my world upside down. My parents try their hardest to “remind” me of who I was, but it doesn't feel right. Or, if what they're saying is true and that really was me, I'm not sure I like that person very much.

And then there’s my love life. Apparently, Gavin Ariastasis is my oldest and best friend in the world. Also, apparently, we’ve never dated. But now, noticing him for what feels like the first time, he’s making my heart do somersaults. He knows me inside and out—the real me. Plus, he’s sexy and charming as hell. Sounds perfect, right?

But then... there’s the new guy. Quinn McKeyen – tall, gorgeous and deliciously American. His mischievous grin and slow Midwestern drawl turn my insides to mush in two seconds flat making me question who I really am and what I really want.

Seriously. What am I supposed to do with all that?! I feel torn between them, but I barely even know who I am, let alone what I want.

I just hope my indecisive heart will clue me in. And sooner rather than later…before I lose what little of my mind that I have left


From Goodreads
Goodreads-badge-add-plus 

My review...

So I am big fan of Courtney Cole and her books. I loved Dante's Girl so I was looking forward to this book and I was NOT disappointed with it. 

You fall for Mia in the first book and you want her to find love because she is so desperate for attention.  In this book Mia loses her memory but by doing this she finds out who she actually is instead of who she is trying to be for everyone else. 

This book has a bit of love triangle and at times you can be either team Gavin or team Quinn but deep down you are always team Quinn and especially when Gavin turns out to be a bit of a misguided tool. But deep down he has a big heart and we get to see it next spring with the third installment of this series. 

You love the idea of Quinn in the first book from Reese's crush but once we actually get to meet that sweet hunk of a boy you heart melts for him. He is awesome! 

Quinn and Mia together are great. Quinn loves Mia for her and he brings out the best in her. This relationship and her finding her own also builds a bridge with her family so Mia gets the love and support that she always deserved.  Yeah! 

Great book 4 thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

To buy this series from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.