Wednesday 12 December 2012

Up in the Air Series 1 & 2


In Flight (Up In The Air #1)

by
When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.

This book is intended for ages 18 and up


From Goodreads 

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review...


I had been recommended this book if I had liked fifty and the Crossfire series. I had heard good things so I thought what the hell let's give it a go.  I was involved right from the beginning of this book with Bianca and moody, possessive, rich and gorgeous James.

Right away the chemistry is there between the two. You also fall in love with Stephan who is Bianca's best friend. He is the best friend that we all wish we could have. Stephan and Bianca come from pretty shady childhoods which makes them quite guarded when it comes to love. And then there is Mr. Beautiful or should I say man slut who comes in and sweeps both Bianca and Stephan off their feet. One with love and the other with friendship.

Here is my beef in general why can't a normal average girl be secure enough to believe someone like James's could actually like them.  Why oh why! It is possible but sometimes I just shake my head at the depth of insecurities in fiction books.  Don't get me wrong I know that is a huge harsh reality of life but sometimes I wish while reading 'come on you deserve it now buck up and get over yourself' but what would a fiction book be without this major plot line. :)

The book is good and I couldn't put it down. Super excited that book two is already out.
4 lashing thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren 

Amazon:  In Flight (Up In The Air)



Mile High (Up In The Air #2)

by
James and Bianca’s tumultuous story continues in the sequel to In Flight.

James has initiated Bianca into a dark and drugging world of passion and pain. He taught her about her own submissive, masochistic nature, and she fell swiftly and deeply in love with the undeniably charming and impossibly beautiful Mr. Cavendish, but a painful misunderstanding and the return of the brutally violent demon of her past have combined to overwhelm Bianca, and, confused and hurt, she pushes him away.

It’s been over a month since the shocking attack that hospitalized her, and since she told a distraught James that she needed space, but her feelings haven’t gone away. Even she knew that it was only a matter of time before he would cast his spell on her again…


From Goodreads
Goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review... 

After reading In flight I had to find out what happens with James and Bianca.  Mile High starts about a month after In Flight.  I am so wrapped up into this series I was practically foaming out of the mouth like a rabid dog. 

I don't know if I should be mad at Bianca or R.K. Ok I think I will be mad at Bianca because if R.K. can evoke visceral emotions from me than I think that is a sign of a job well done. Bianca was so infuriating about how obtuse she is about James feelings for her. For God's sake he tattooed a portrait of her on him can he be any more clear. He calls her love all the bloody time. Who friggin' cares that he has not said I love you you daft woman.  Throughout the whole book I wanted to punch some sense into her. 

I am so hoping that finally in book three that Bianca finally gets her vision back because she has to be blind not to see the RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU obvious affection from James. Argghhh! 

Ok enough bitching about that. I really do love this series and I can not wait to find out more Bianca, James and Stephan.  Book three comes out in Feb, 2013 (Not soon enough) :)

Bianca and James have a volatile yet passionate relationship. There naughty scenes may make you blush sometimes.  
 
4 binding thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

Amazon:  Mile High (Up In The Air #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.