Saturday 29 December 2012

Vain


VAIN

New YA/Mature YA
Source: Kindle
by
If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.

I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

***
“Hold me tighter,” I whispered against his teeth.  He clutched me closer yet not tight enough. “More,” I demanded.
He drew me firmer against him and I felt every ridge of his body.
“Is that close enough?” he laughed into my throat.
“Perfect,” I told him. 


From Goodreads
Goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review...

So, I first fell in love with Fisher Amelie's books with Callum & Harper and Thomas & January so I could NOT wait for this book. I stalked Amazon for days until it was live.  

Callum & Harper was one of the first books that I read that left me with that visceral feelings that had me thinking about the book for days, weeks and months after.  Now after this it takes a lot to give me that feeling and with VAIN it definitely had the same response for me as well. 

I thought this book was absolutely brilliant! It was such a touching loving story about something that became beautiful out of something that was originally ugly.  Sophie Price might have been an aesthetically beautiful girl but it was only on the surface. Underneath was the ugly truth of what she truly was. 

It is so unfortunate of what the damage our parents can do to us as children who only want to be loved. When this doesn't happen it can break us and in the case of Sophie it definitely broke her. For her sins she gets sent to Uganda to serve her time at an orphanage during this time she meets Ian. 

Oh! Ian what a beautiful creature inside and out. He too went through the journey to find one's true beauty. Thankfully he had already done that so he could help Sophie with her journey. 

The path for Sophie was not a pretty one. It was full of anger, despair, hate, pain, loss, hope, beauty and love. What Sophie, Ian, Charles, Karina and all the kids have to go through in Uganda is heart breaking and traumatic but in the end there is beauty and love through all the ugliness. 

“Hate is not conquered by hate. Hate is conquered by love. This is a law eternal” - Buddha

Sophie and Ian are such an amazing couple and do nothing but bring the best in one another. When they are together you forget about their ugly pasts and only think about their stunning present and their enchanting future. 

This story is awe inspiring and is one that I will think about for days, weeks, months and years in the future.  Since I already posted my Gah! books of 2012 this book will definitely will be included in my Gah! list of 2013.

Gah! This book gets 5 + stunning thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up + + 
Lauren 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.