Sunday 21 April 2013

Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard #2)

Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard #2)

Adult
Source: Kindle
by
A charming British Playboy. A girl determined to finally live. And a secret liaison revealed in all too vivid color. Book two in the NYT Bestselling series.

Escaping a cheating ex, finance whiz Sara Dillon's moved to New York City and is looking for excitement without a lot of strings attached. So meeting the irresistible, sexy Brit at a dance club should have meant nothing more than a night's fun. But the manner--and speed--with which he melts her inhibitions turns him from a one-time hookup and into her Beautiful Stranger.

The whole city knows Max Stella loves women, not that he's ever found one he particularly wants to keep around. Despite pulling in plenty with his Wall Street bad boy charm, it's not until Sara--and the wild photos she lets him take of her--that he starts wondering if there's someone for him outside of the bedroom.

Hooking up in places where anybody could catch them, the only thing scarier for Sara than getting caught in public is having Max get too close in private.


Synopsis From Goodreads


My Review...

So, I know the first book had mixed reviews but I was looking forward to this book and was not disappointed.  As per usual bastard style there was a lot of sex with less substance but where it all counted was Max and I friggin' loved him. 

I don't know if it was his accent, the fact that he was a millionaire, that he was drop dead gorgeous or just his pure heart needing to be loved but he did it for me.  As the book went on the substance built up and I fell into the story and was routing for Sara to get a spine and see the potential of Max.



Their chemistry was potent right from the beginning.  And if I was going to have a sex only relationship then I would gladly have Max be in charge of the where and when. *spicy*

"Okay, when you smile at me like that, I want to climb you. And God knows it's been forever since I've been properly manhandled."

"Stay over. Please, Petal. I want to f@ck you in the morning when you're all sleep-rumpled and drowsy."

Not only was Max super sexy he was also super sweet *swoon* 

"The way you seem nervous makes me think you don't know that I'm in love with you."

"You could break my heart. Just know that, yeah?" 
I was worried for awhile that Sara was going to be daft and screw it up but when a gorgeous brit who calls you petal and adores you how can you let that go.

I loved having Bennett and Chloe along for the ride.  I wasn't sure how it was all going to tie together but it fit.  I know there are a bunch more of this series to come out but I am not sure who they are going to be of but I am excited to see what is going to happen in the future with this series.

I really did enjoy this book but especially Max 

4 Spicy Thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren


 






If you haven't read the first book in the series than here is your chance Beautiful Bastard (Book 1) in this series: Amazon / B & N / iBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.