Thursday 11 April 2013

Not Just Friends (Brookefield #3) Review Tour







Not Just Friends (Brookfield Series #3)

by
Can the quiet bookstore owner land the playboy?

Alyssa Duncan’s life revolves around books. If not for the fact the town’s playboy Connor Phillips has a secret reading addiction, she most likely wouldn’t be on his radar…or his friend. The two personalities just don’t mesh…or do they? She gets a chance to find out when a book-reading bet leads to dinner. Alyssa experiences a wide a range of emotions. She’s elated her beyond-friendship feelings seem returned, but his reputation precedes him. Is she just another gullible female in a string of women? As a relationship begins to develop with Connor, going past the limits of friendship, things grow muddled and complicated when an ex-boyfriend shows up in town and things aren’t what they seem.

When the dust finally settles, will Alyssa find true love with someone or end up with just another friend?


Synopsis from Goodreads



My Review....

I don't know if I would have picked this up if I was not part of the tour on my own but in the end I was glad that I got to read and I have already bought and read the first part of the series and will gladly read more in this series.

This is a sweet small town series where the book nerd that all of us book lovers can relate too gets the man of her dreams....the unattainable player.



It's nice to have the player fall for the bookish babe and find her inner beauty and true self.  I love the fact that Alyssa takes him off his regular game and flusters him.  It makes their relationship feel more real for some reason.


Alyssa may be independent but she also comes with a bit of baggage but with Conner she starts to be an even stronger version of herself and sticks up for her and stops letting people walk all over her like her sister which whom I did not like but by the end she started to grow on my and I can't wait to find out what happens to her when she moves back to Brookfield.


Sweet story and Cute series


3.5 thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren 



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews. I think this could be one of my favorite series out there! Now its time for the two of you to write one together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly :)I am glad that you liked the series.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review! I will have to try rhis one! :)
    -Amber
    goodblinknpark(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was a cute read ;) and since I am a book nerd it hit home ;0

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.