Friday 12 April 2013

Second Chance Boyfriend

Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable #2)

New YA
 
by
**Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual content and language, mature subject matter**

New Adult Contemporary

Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever 


Synopsis from Goodreads


Source: eARC for Honest Review
 
My Review ...

So,  After the first book One Week Girlfriend,  I was left with so much hope for Drew then....

My hope started to die. No Drew No!!!!! Why???

And I'm tired of mourning the loss of a beautiful, f@cked-up man who haunts my thoughts everywhere I go. loc 64

Then the fates were once again aligned thank goodness and Drew got his head out of his ass and Fable let go of the chip on her shoulder.


 "Fine. I've always run away in the past. But you, Fable. You make me want to stay." loc 1570

You knew things were not going to be easy as they both had a ton of baggage.


And also since Drew did not want to deal with his past. Of course he went for external help but he kept ignoring the true source of his issues.


But here is what we all want to talk about....... is Adele.

So I don't want to give away too much without spoiling so instead I will give you an imagery of what I was thinking with the whole Adele story.





Well now that, that rant is out of the way let's go back to Drew & Fable *sigh*. They are so friggin' cute together.   I love how much better they are together than apart. 



I really enjoyed both of these books. The first one was a surprise and unexpected and I am so glad that I read it. Now with this one I feel more complete and loved the journey of Drew and Fable.  Great Book! Great Series. Another perk are the amazing quotes that Monica starts each chapter with. They say so much with so little. This book left me with closure and wanting more and I can't wait to find out more in the journey of their friend's lives.




4 Marshmallow Thumbs Up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.