Wednesday 3 April 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)

Adult/ New YA
 
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Synopsis from Goodreads
 

Source: eARC/NetGalley for honest review

My Review....

I was so excited when I got the opportunity to review this book with NetGalley.  I loved Beautiful Disaster when it first came out a few years ago and it was my first real avenue into the dysfunctional unhealthy type relationships with two broken individuals which I now absolutely love.  Hmmmm what does that say about me?

The fact that this book was in Travis's POV made it so much better.  When I read the first book I thought he was a bit needy and a bit too domineering but to actually get inside his head to see it from his POV totally changed my mind on how I see their relationship.  This time I was more Team Travis and thought Abby was the one a bit more unhinged.  This shows you the importance of POV's and how they effect us. 

Even though Travis is made of sterner stuff than other man with his upbringing his drive and passion is what makes Travis succeed in life from academics, fighting and for his ability to love so fiercely once he let's the right woman in his heart.



Even though their relationship was not atypical it was still powerful and it was what made it them. Things worth having are worth fighting for. 




With their highs and lows it made the journey a bit of a rollercoaster but when get to the top it's thrilling and beautiful just like Abby and Travis.

I loved this book from Travis and like I said it completely changed how I viewed Beautiful Disaster which I will totally be re-reading and enjoying so much more than I already did.

Loved this book and Loved Travis. How can you not? I think my favorite parts are the prologue which let's you know why Travis is the way he is and of course the epilogue.




5 Thumbs Up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.