Monday 17 June 2013

Book Boyfriend Monday - Cam McCabe

So this week I decided I needed a misunderstood yet super loving tattooed sweetie so therefore it had to be....Cameron McCabe from Down London Road (On Dublin Street #2) by Samantha Young

Why did Cam make the cut well...

  1. He is man enough to admit when he makes a mistake.
  2. He not only loves Jo but all that comes with like her brother and friends
  3. Once he took his judgmental glasses off he saw Jo for who she was and loved her like no one else can and like she truly deserved.

Some of the examples of why Cam made my heart swell:
"You're stunning," he whispered hoarsely. "No man can possibly deserve you."

"I've never met anyone as quietly brave and strong as you.  I've never met a woman so unassuming, so kind, and so selfless. You are a complex lady."  His mouth curled up at the corners.  "And you are smart, and passionate, and funny, and exciting, and you blow me fucking away.  When I first say you, I wanted you like I'd never wanted anyone. When you first tore me a new one, I wanted to know you. And when I got to know you, when I stood across a kitchen and you told me not to kill a spider because it didn't say much for us as a species if we killed something because we feared it, I knew.  I knew that I would never meet anyone as beautiful or as compassionate or as determined. I've known for awhile that I was in love with you, Jo. I've known and I should have told you."

All phrases and quotes from Kindle Version of Down London Road by Samantha Young


Down London Road (On Dublin Street #2)
by
Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she’s about to meet someone who will make her lose control....

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may—or may not—fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo’s, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo’s secrets …even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece.

Synopsis from Goodreads

Click here for my review to Down London Road

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! I've been hearing about this book, or more so the first book - but you've definitely convinced me to try them out! Cam is definitely Book Boyfriend worthy!

    Also, I'm not sure if you're interested - but I've started up a linky for book boyfriends each week! It'll be a weekly thing, so we can always link up and find other book boyfriends.

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.