Monday 22 July 2013

Book Boyfriend Monday - David Ferris

This week I think we need a little loving from a Rock God so this week's Book Boyfriend Monday is... David Ferris from Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott

Why oh why did David make the cut...

  1. He is a musical rock god and for God's sake he writes love songs, what is not to love.
  2. He is a tortured misunderstood sentimental man
  3. When he finds what he wants he just goes for it

Some examples of why David stole my heart:
"Am I now? They're love songs, baby. Love isn't always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful," he said. "Doesn't mean it isn't still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you. Doesn't mean I'm not crazy about you."

"I care about your periods, Ev. Honest to fuck I do." he kissed my cheeks, my forehead.  "Thanks." "But right now I wanna know how you feel about us going bare?"

"But I married you, Evelyn, because you made sense to me. We make sense.  We're a whole lot better together than apart. You notice that?"

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt, folks. My name's David Ferris and I'd like to play a song for my wife, Evelyn. Hope you don't mind."...."She's a Portland girl. So I guess that makes us in-lawy. Be gentle with me, yeah?"
All quotes and phrases from Lick (Stage Dive #1) by Kylie Scott

Lick (Stage Dive #1)

by
Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride


Synopsis from Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.