Saturday 17 August 2013

Smutty Saturdays with Kristen Ashley

When I think of Smut or I like to call good fiction ;) Kristen Ashley always comes to mind.  She has a knack at producing strong Alpha Males with soft hearts with the combination of strong independent females.  Together they make the perfect match of chemistry, passion, smut, heat and love.

So far everything that I have read by Kristen Ashley (which is all of them), I have loved each and every one of them.


KA's latest book and the finale in the Rock Chick Series:

Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick #8)

by
Ally Nightingale has secrets. Secrets she doesn't even share with the Rock Chicks. But two men know what she's up to. One has her back. The other has her heart, but he doesn't know it.

As Ally rewinds the last year of her life, she knows two things. One, she’s never going to get what every Rock Chick should have—her own Hot Bunch guy. And two, she’s a Nightingale through and through. She just isn’t sure what to do about that.

But as her secrets are revealed, the men in her life react. Darius Tucker, a lifelong friend, as usual takes her back. Ren Zano, the man she loves, isn’t quite so sure. The Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch and the entire gang at Fortnum’s weigh in, and a Rock Chick Revolution starts brewing.

It’s up to Ally to control it and prove what she knows down to her bones.

She’s a Rock Chick, she deserves her hot guy and she’s going to keep the one she wants…

Because she’s a Nightingale.




My Review ...

So here I was when I first downloaded this book.

Then I started to read it.


I could NOT wait to find about Ally and Ren. For the last 7 books we have been getting tidbits about Ally but we have known that she is hiding something so finally we get to see what it is....Which is she is a true Nightingale, which should say it all.

For Ally she has watched all her friends hook up and fall in love with the Hot Bunch while she sat on the sidelines.





Then she meets Ren Zano and the sparks are instant

"I'm not feeling the love for not casual right about now, Zano." I shared.  He lifted a hand, palm out my way, and shook his head.  "Sorry, my mistake," he began and dropped his hand. "That came out like you had a choice.  Which you don't..."
"Jesus!" he exploded.  "Ally, usually a guy's gotta take a girl out as a way to get sex."


But of course with a bit of miscommunication and Ally's life choices it causes a bit of stress between the two but Ren pushes through and captures Ally's heart while Ally's true ways shines through. (AKA Badass)

"You love someone, you compromise. We'll find a way to compromise,"
"Go clean up. That went fast. I wanna eat you and fuck you again before you go learn how to bypass security systems." 


I loved Ally and Ren together.  The had great chemistry and loads of love with a nice balance of drama and mayhem.

 "It's also not fair to be sexy." he bent his neck, and with lips to mine, he murmured, "I don't fight fair, baby. I fight to win." 


  "You seem to have an aversion to the mall." His answer to that was, "Do I have a dick?" I felt my lips curl up and I replied, "Yes, baby. You have a dick."  "Then, yeah. I got an aversion to the mall."


The Rock Chick formula was the same but different at the same time. Ren and Ally relationship is more solid than some of the others with less major drama mishaps (shootings, kidnaps, etc....) Don't get me wrong there are still are some but a bit less. This way we got to see the whole gang through this. As this book is just as much about the Rock Chick/Hot Bunch/Fortnum gang as it is about Ally and Ren.


"You take the backs of that crew of yours like your blood flows through their veins. Indy may be their foundation, Daisy and Shirleen the emotional support. But you're the backbone."


I know some people have rated this book 3.5 ish stars but for me I loved it!!!!! It is more like the old school KA which is where I started to fall in love with all of her yummy alpha men.

I am giving it 5 delicious thumbs up as I have nothing but love and adoration for the series.  I think this book was well done and topped off the series nicely (especially the epilogue) as well as set us up for more potential spin offs.
5 Delicious Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren



Kristen has many series ranging from ghosts, paranormal, alpha hunks, and alternative universes.  Besides the paranormal books most of the other books have elements of overlap but you don't have to read all the series in a particular order to have the full KA experience.

To Purchase from Amazon Kindle Click titles below:

1) The Rock Chick Series
* Rock Chick
* Rock Chick Rescue
* Rock Chick Redemption
* Rock Chick Renegade
* Rock Chick Revenge
* Rock Chick Reckoning
* Rock Chick Regret
* Rock Chick Revolution

2) The Dream Man Series
* Mystery Man
* Wild Man
* Law Man
* Motorcycle Man

3) The Colorado Mountain Series
* The Gamble
* Sweet Dreams
* Lady Luck
* Breathe 
* Jagged (Coming Soon) 
* Kaleidoscope (Coming Soon)
4) The ‘Burg Series 
* For You
* At Peace
* Golden Trail
* Games of the Heart
5) The Unfinished Hero Series
* Knight
* Creed
* Raid

6) Chaos Series
* Own the Wind
* Fire Inside

7) Misc (One offs so far)
* Heaven and Hell
* Play it Safe
* Three Wishes
* Mathilda Superwitch

8) Ghosts and Reincarnations
* Sommersgate House
* Lacybourne Manor
* Penmort Castle
* Fairytale Come Alive
* Lucky Stars

9) The Three Series
* Until the Sun falls from the sky
* With Everything I am

10) Fantasyland Series
* Wildest Dreams
* The Golden Dynasty
* Fantastical
 

For more information about Kristen Ashley you can find her at:
 Website /Goodreads /Facebook /Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.