Wednesday 18 September 2013

Real (Real, Raw and Ripped #1) - Review

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1)

by
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?



Source: eARC for Honest Review from Simon and Schuster via Edelweiss
Genre: Adult Contemporary

My Review...

I finally got a chance to read this and see what all the fuss was about.
  
Right from the beginning you are drawn into Remington 'Riptide' Tate.  

He oozes out power and manliness.
"Brooke Dumas."  He just fucked my name right in front of me.
He also is the picture of someone with a tortured broken soul and your heart breaks for him.

You know he is keeping something from Brooke besides sex which leaves you with sexual frustration for the first half of the book.

Then the truth comes out and you are bracing for Brooke to run but thankfully she stays and loves Remy for all that he is and for what he needs.
"Until I saw this lovely girl in Seattle, with big gold eyes and pink, full lips...and I wondered if she could understand me..."

"I like me when I see myself through your, Brooke."
Poor Remy with such a fucked up past that your heart bleeds that he doesn't know how to communicate so he tries to communicate through song choices.  (Be still my bleeding heart. *Sigh*)

There love is put to the test. Assumptions are made, and hearts are needed to protect. 


Brooke does the worst thing for Remy which is ....Run.

So when he finally is able to communicate he has my heart forever.
"I'm so fucking in love with you I don't even know what to do with myself anymore."
There love may be a bit unhealthy in the standards of others but it works for them.  


I can't wait to continue this series especially Remy which will be from Remy's POV. Gah! 

4 .5 Heart Bleeding thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren

PURCHASE REAL - KINDLE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.