Saturday 28 February 2015

And I Love Her (Green Mountain #4) by Marie Force ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMGM06I/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00LMGM06I&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=AT2BJPRWOYKSNOJY
And I Love Her (Green Mountain #4)

by

As the oldest of the ten Abbott siblings, Hunter prides himself on his ability to solve other people’s problems, but now he has a problem of his own—how to convince the woman of his dreams that his love is for keeps.

As the chief financial officer, Hunter Abbott manages the family’s various business interests while “fixing” things for the people he loves. But the one thing he can’t fix is his undeniable attraction to Megan Kane. Instead, Hunter is prepared to do whatever it takes to show Megan that he’s the man for her.

Megan’s sister rocks her with the news that she and her husband are moving overseas, leaving Megan truly alone. With her sister—and her job at the diner—going away, Megan finds herself leaning on the sexy, button-down accountant who isn’t afraid to lay it all on the line for her. But Megan has watched too many people she loves leave her. Can she risk her heart on Hunter?

Contains a bonus Green Mountain short story!




PRE-ORDER FOR MARCH 3/15: AMAZON (KINDLE)



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Penguin Group
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Part 4 in an ongoing series

My And I Love Her Review...

Ok, To start this series is one of those sweet series with a great family and loving men.  I was excited about this one as I have loved Hunter throughout the other books so I couldn't wait.  I was aprehensive with Megan because she did not endear me at all in the last three books but if Hunter saw something in her I was going to give her the benefit of doubt.  
 "You like me even thought I used to like him?"
"That never mattered to me, although I often wished you might someday consider his older, wiser and much more handsome brother."

To start off I was excited because the beginning portrayed as Hunter way more alpha then Will and Colton but as the book kept going he wasn't really that alpha and was way to sickly over the top sweet, however I did like that he was upfront with his feelings and didn't play any games where that was concerned.  The more I read the more I'm turning into goldilocks looking for the perfect hero and Hunter didn't quite fit the bill. However, Hunter did have some very sweet and charming moments:
  "There's no place in matters of the heart for spreadsheets or pie charts."
"What?" he asked horrified.

"I really did hear what you said earlier, but I do want to be serious about you.  I know you've got stone walls up around your heart, and I understand why.  You should know I plan to scale those walls."

"What are you doing all the way over there?"
"Just waiting for you to invite me over there."
"Dear Meagan, please come closer to me.  Love, Hunter.  How's that?"

Now don't even get me going on Megan.  Argh!  The whole book she was a bunch of contradictions and mixed messages. 

"I'm sending mixed messages here, aren't I?"  (Yep!)

At first she was confused that Hunter liked her since she had a crush on his brother for 10 years then she was all like ' I can get to know you but I'm not into long term'  What!!!! But you could waste 10 YEARS on crushing on someone????? Then for the whole book she was wishy washy and push and pull in regards to her feelings for Hunter.  I know this may sound heartless and I get that she lost her parents at a young vulnerable age but to never love again so you can't get hurt again.



This series started off charming me but the last two books have left me wanting more but since I am a masochist in regards to reading I will try and continue with this series to see how the rest of the Abbotts fair in regards to love and their HEA's.  This book was charming yet at times frustrating with Megan's back and forth.  I did like Hunter but wanted him to be more alpha than over the top sweet but in the end I do really have a soft spot for all the Abbotts.

3 Charming yet a bit annoying thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren



PRE-ORDER FOR MARCH 3/15: AMAZON (KINDLE)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.