Sunday 27 September 2015

Gus (Bright Side #2) By Kim Holden ~ #bookreview #LOVEDIT #epic #NA #romance

http://amzn.to/1KNorpp
Gus (Bright Side #2)

by

The journey that began in top-rated, best-selling Bright Side, continues ...

This is the story of Gus.
Losing himself.
Finding himself.
And healing along the way.

“ … but the honest-to-God truth is I don’t even know how to function anymore. Bright Side wasn’t only my best friend; she was like my other half ... the other half of my brain, the other half of my conscience, the other half of my sense of humor, the other half of my creativity, the other half of my heart. How do you go back to doing what you did before, when half of you is gone forever?” 





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23389993-gus?ac=1




Source: Kindle
Genre: NA Contemporary Fiction
Part 2 of 2 


My Gus Review . . .


~ I don't even know how to function anymore.  Bright Side wasn't only my best friend; she was like my other half . . . the other half of my brain, the other half of my conscience, the other half of my sense of humor, the other half of my creativity, the other half of my heart.  How do you go back to doing what you did before, when half of you is gone forever? ~


  After Bright Side, I immediately started to read Gus which was a gift and a curse.  It was a curse because my heart hurt so much after Bright Side, that I should have given it a bit of rest before diving back in.  However, it's also a gift, because Gus helps to ease the heart in the end. 

After the loss of Bright Side, Gus is devastated and is floundering through life.  With no reason to really live and carry forward.   He's going through the motions for the band, but not really experiencing anything.

"Gustov, you're stalling. You're wasting time.  You're not living.  You're not doing what you love."

God! Poor Gus, my heart broke along with him while he tried to find his bearings again.



"Have you ever been in love?" He hasn't blinked.  "Once."
"How long did last?"  Looking back up to the sky he answers.  "Twenty-one years . . . and three days."

Dude, my heart hurts for Gus.



"Listen to me, boy.  You only get one chance at this circus called life. Don't sit in the crowd watchin' it happen.  You jump right in and be the ringleader.  That's where you find your fire. "
"What if your fire died with someone else?"
She shakes her head.  "Nope.  Here's the thing about life, boy.  We meet a lot of people along this journey.  Some of them are sonsabitches and some are special.  When you find the special ones you don't take a moment for granted, because you never know when your time with them is gonna be up. . . .
As Gus is trying to pick up the pieces of his life again, he comes across Scout.  Whom at first annoys him, but then turns into the one person who gets under his skin forcing him to move forward.

That's what makes him so special.  It's not his talent or his looks.  It's how much he feels.

Scout has her own issues, but between the two of them they help each other and bring out the best in one another.

"I mean, I think people find each other when they're ready for them.  When they need each other the most.  And it's in that time of need that the strongest relationships are formed."

It's a tough transition, loving one person all your life and to never have them again, while opening up to someone new.  Someone who can be a future.  It's scary for them but so worth the journey. 
She knows how much I loved Bright Side, but she also knows that doesn't take away from the love I feel for her.  My heart's big enough for both of them.  Bright side helped make me the man I am, and Scout helped me remember who that man was, helping me become my own person.  I love her so much.

Gus, had a long way to go to find himself again, but what a beautiful journey it was.  It was heartbreaking, beautiful and perfect.  Bright Side and Gus are books that you need to experience on your own to truly understand the emotions that come with these books.

I've come to the full realization that my happiness, my life, falls squarely on my shoulders.  No one's gonna do it for me.  I'm the one who makes it or breaks it.
It's a choice.




I absolutely LOVE the way Kim Holden writes and how she portrays emotions in first Bright Side and then continued with Gus.  Even thought my heart hurt for weeks after these two books I was happy to see it come a bit full circle in this epic journey.

Bright Side and Gus are books that hold a special place in your heart and will be read over and over and over again.  I LOVED them.  They are by far one of my favorite books.  I wear my Bright side & Gus shirts with pride to help share the state of mind the awesomeness that are these books. 

I so hope there is more from the series.  If not I would be content as it was beautiful and perfect and could be left as is, but I would love to see some more HEAs from Pax and from Keller,  as well as the rest of the band.

5 my heart still hurts thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.