Thursday 17 September 2015

Under My Skin (Stark International Trilogy #3) By J. Kenner ~ #bookreview #erotica #romance #trilogy

http://amzn.to/1imWqNU
Under My Skin (Stark International Trilogy #3)

by

Jackson Steele and Sylvia Brooks are back in the powerful finale of a provocative, sizzling-hot new erotic trilogy set in the world of J. Kenner’s beloved Stark novels: Release Me, Claim Me, and Complete Me.

He’s the only man I’ve ever loved, and the one man I can’t bear to lose.

Jackson Steele is my light in this world. Charismatic, bold, and always in control, he knows what he wants and how to get it—and absolutely nothing stands in his way. His hold on me is magnetic, his claim on me complete, his kiss my ultimate escape.

We both harbor dark secrets that could tear our lives apart. Though we’ve tried to bury our pasts, there are certain people who won’t let us forget. But the closer danger comes, the brighter the fire between us burns—our ecstasy consuming and soothing us both.

There’s no telling what lies ahead, but I know that Jackson never gives in without a fight. I’d do anything he wants to keep him safe, give him anything he needs. And now that we’re in deep, nothing can make me run.

Under My Skin is intended for mature audiences.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23444036-under-my-skin?ac=1



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Bantam | Random House via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Erotic Romance
Part 3 of 3


My Under My Skin Review ...

I'm a glutton for punishment since Syl has bothered me from the beginning of this series, but I had hope it would change, instead if anything it just made me more angry. Gah! I wanted to like this one, I really did but this book falls under the more sex than substance category.  And when there was substance it was the annoying heroine variety. Argh!

What has kept me going in the series is my love for Damien and Jackson but Sylvia (Syl) did NOT win me over in then end.  She was so needy and too quick to run from everything.


 . . . right now, all I want is to find him, to shake him, and to tell him to get the fuck over it.  (Too bad she won't do that herself)

But if he's arrested-if he's convicted-the same won't be true for me.  I'll be alone.  (Boo Hoo)

I close my eyes, hating that I am so weak when Jackson needs me to be strong.  (Funny I hate it as well)

And what really scares me is the pattern.  Because if the good is always followed by the bad, then doesn't that mean that I'll inevitably lose Jackson?  (Great Math skills.  Way to assume Syl)

And in that moment, I know that he's wrong about me.  I'm not strong.  I'm weak. (And also the reason I don't like her.)

That's just a catalyst, and it's sparked all of my fears and doubts into one big explosion ( I was so close to chucking my kindle at this point)

Because I won't risk that little girl  (I think she's supposed to come across as strong and selfless but instead she comes across as week and annoying.) 



Instead of hashing things out they tended to think sex was going to solve everything which is basically what they did the whole book.  With the substance portion, this book was so predictable that it got me frustrated that Syl and Jackson didn't have a hot clue to what was going on.  But lets be honest,  I don't know if they'd know it if they got a brick to the face as they were too busy screwing, assuming and being martyrs.



There were snippets of Syl getting her shit together then lo and behold two tiny melt downs and BAM . . . she was running again.

" . . . Do you think you become a parent and all your fears go away?"  (Argh! two slight eff ups and she bolts. So angry)

I have to admit that I'm so angry at myself for not DNFing.  What was I thinking?  I tried to like it,  I really did but my loathing for Syl outweighed any good qualities of this book.


These two! Gah! So frustrating.

"You're a fucking idiot,"  I say gently.  "I made you leave me once before because I was trying to protect myself.  I'm not letting you leave now because you think you're doing the same thing."



"I won't ever stop fighting for you.  You need to get that through your thick skull."


"So you were trying to protect me, too.  Aren't we a pair?

So many mixed feelings about this series.  It has so much potential but way too many frustrating parts for me to really like it.  I wanted more substance.  I wanted a stronger heroine.  I did like Jackson but he also had his martyr and running moments that aggravated me.  Will this by my last J. Kenner book?  No, but this definitely was NOT my favorite of hers.

1.5 - 2 Very Frustrated thumbs up!

thumbs up thumbs up

Lauren





 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.