Sunday 8 November 2015

Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley ~ #bookreview @ForeverRomance #MCromance @KristenAshley68

http://amzn.to/1kEwdey
Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4)

by

Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24199806-walk-through-fire?ac=1



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Forever Romance | Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Adult MC Contemporary Romance
Part 4 in an ongoing series


My Walk Through Fire Review  . . . 

It's been quite awhile since I read a Kristen Ashley book, and I'm so glad that I did.  Personally my life has been stressful, and to add to that I have been in a bit of a reading funk where nothing grabs me.  Then I was going through my TBR and saw that I hadn't read this one, so I opened up and started reading.  And I'm so glad that I did,  because this book was totally what I needed at this  juncture in my life.  It was sweet.  It was sexy.  It had a great alpha male.  It had a great second chance story.  It had a strong heroine.  What is there not to love with those variables?

Millie Cross and Logan "High" Judd had one of those love at first sight young relationships.  It was strong and unbreakable, until it wasn't.

You love a man, Millie, you believe in him, you take him as he is.  You go on his journey with him no matter what happens, even if that means you have to walk through fire. 

 Now TWENTY YEARS later,  Millie runs in to the man she has always loved, and realizes that it's time to tell him why.   The minute High sees Millie, he furious and wants to hurt her they way she hurt him.  Not only does he want for her to hurt but the MC have his back on this matter.

I gave up everything so you could have it all! 

But that doesn't mean the MC ladies are agreeing to this, especially when the see the reciprocal hurt on Millie's face.  They all know that there is more to the story, then everyone believes there to be.  Even though High is mad, he also can't stay away from Millie, even if its to be an asshole.


For these two, twenty years has felt like forever as well as no time at all, where their feelings are concerned.  Millie originally wants to give Logan the truth but his asshole ways are making her think differently about it.

Once Millie has had enough with Logan and all the Chaos bullshit, she's done.  But the truth has also come out, causing Logan to realize what he has truly lost.

               Even though I had a feeling what Millie was keeping closer to her vest, it still broke my heart in the actuality of their story.  Now that the truth is out, these two can finally have their chance.

"Twenty years apart, haunted by you, walkin' around with a hole in my soul, we're back and we're talkin' about cats and you goin' to Arizona?  No, I'm not fuckin' jokin'."

Did I love this story? Absolutely!! Did I love Millie?  For the most part yes, even though there were some moments, where I got frustrated with some of her decisions and reactions to things, but in the end she was great.  Did I love Logan 'High' Judd?  Absolutely.  What is not to love?  Even his asshole moments as you know where it's coming from, and especially when he's a sweetheart.  He's one of those guys who once he realizes the situation, takes accountability and owns it, while at the same time he moves on and tries to fix what was once broken.  Loved this story and I can NOT wait for more from this series.

4. 5 Holy Hell, about time thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren

BUY: AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)  












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.