Wednesday 23 December 2015

Beneath This Mask, Beneath This Ink, Beneath These Chains by Meghan March ~ #bookreviews


http://amzn.to/1ZopIMr
Beneath This Mask (Beneath #1)


by


He loves me, and he doesn’t even know my real name.

The limelight that follows him could expose everything I’m hiding. But even knowing the risks, I can’t force myself to stay away.

I’m going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal what’s beneath this mask?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22458416-beneath-this-mask?from_search=true&search_version=service


Source: Audible & Kindle
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Part 1 in a new series 

My Beneath This Mask Review . . .

I originally started to read this book but it didn't catch my fancy, so I thought I would try it on audible.  Which ended up being the right decision in the end.  At first the different voices for the two POV's threw me a bit but as time went on I got immersed into the story. 

The nice thing about audio version of books sometimes is its easier to forget how annoying heroines can be at times, where as when we are reading and keep repetitively reading the annoying bits over and over again, then it gets tiresome. 

For the most part I liked Charlie but her back and worth with Simon annoyed me at times.  Now Simon I liked him from the beginning.  The book starts with Charlie's world imploding then goes to her on the run, but settling in New Orleans. 

One day Simon walks into her world and for the first time in a long time she wants more.   Simon has his own demons but is trying to follow his family's aspirations, even though his heart isn't fully in it.  Then one day he meets Charlie and he knows he wants more but can he have both?

Charlie waivers back and forth with Simon because of her own past which she keeps hidden from Simon.  Instead of communicating with him, she takes on everything then chooses to be a martyr and leaves to fix the wrongs of her family's choices.  Thankfully Simon is determined enough to convince Charlie she can have more, if she just opened up, talked and shared. 

This was a cute book.  At times I like the premise of the book more than the actual book but this whole series has tons of potential. 

3 Simon Loving Thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren


http://amzn.to/1ZopK6W
Beneath This Ink (Beneath #2)


by


I’ve always known she was too good for me, but that never stopped me from wanting her.

And then I finally had her for one night.

A night I don’t remember.

I figured I’d blown my shot.

But now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance.

Will she be able to see the man beneath this ink?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23175690-beneath-this-ink?from_search=true&search_version=service



Source: Kindle
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 2 in an ongoing series

My Beneath This Ink Review . . .


We first meet Con & Vanessa in Beneath this Mask.  Con is Charlie's boss and ex-fuck buddy where as Vanessa is Simon's old friend whom most thought could be his fiancee.   In Beneath This Ink we get to find out so much more behind both of these characters.  For Con, he's always had a thing for Vanessa and finally had the chance to have one night with her but too much booze causes him not to remember.

"You need to quit telling me 'you can't' without any other kind of explanation.  It really fucking pisses me off."

Now given the chance to learn more, Con jumps at the opportunity to help Vanessa when she needs help, but he does put her through tons of hoops.   They both have their own baggage but together they balance each other out.  It will just take a bit for both of them to realize this.

"Baby, you scared the hell out of me tonight.  I could've lost you.  Right now is not a good time to ask me to let you out of my sight.  I can't do it.  I need you next to me so I know you're safe."

Both of them hide behind their masks but finally let down their own so they can let the each other in.  Their chemistry is strong but their pasts have a tight hold on them.

"Because once I have you-and remember every goddamn detail-I can't promise I'll let you go.  And you need me to let you go.  I need to be able to let you go."

These two may seem like the complete opposites but really they are more alike then you would originally think.

"Don't cry, princess.  You know that shit kills me."

Con had up and down moments for me in Beneath This Mask, but I fell for him in Beneath this Ink.  Vanessa may have started out cold but you understood her reasons for her and were rooting for them to get past their bullshit so they can find happiness together.

Super sweet story about second chances and finding love when you least expect it.  This series just keeps getting better and better.

4 You can't judge a book by its cover thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

http://amzn.to/1ZopLYv
Beneath These Chains (Beneath #3)


by


I was raised on the streets, so I know things are rarely as simple as they appear—especially this rich girl showing up at my pawnshop demanding a job.

She’s the most tempting thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ll be damned if I can make her leave.

Shit just got complicated … but when it comes to her—I want complicated.

We’re both fighting our own demons, and our only chance at a future is to let go of the past.

But will we be strong enough to break free from beneath these chains?


BENEATH THESE CHAINS may be read as a standalone.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25200927-beneath-these-chains?from_search=true&search_version=service



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 3 in an ongoing series but can be read as a standalone


My Beneath These Chains Review . . .

This story is technically book three in this series but can be read as a standalone.  Lord is the uunbeknownst brother of Con and Elle is Vanessa's best friend.   We first meet both of them in Beneath the Ink.

"We'll eat our supper, and then I'll run you home.  You can take your weekend and figure out whether you can handle what's going on here."

Lord is fine in his world and the last thing he wants is a rich, spoiled girl bothering him.  What could someone like Elle want in his pawnshop.   Even though he may not want Elle to work at the shop doesn't mean he's not attracted to Elle. 

Elle doesn't need to work but she likes to keep busy but this time she has a personal reason for wanting to work at the pawn shop.   Lord quickly realizes that Elle won't take no for an answer and she has skills that can help him out.  Plus he gets to see her everyday.  It doesn't take long for these two to give into their mutual attraction.

"And if I decide I can't? Then what?  It's done?" Lord's dark gaze grew sharp.  "Then I get to change your mind.  Clothes optional."

Their might be hot chemistry between these two but instantly there is also more.  They just don't know what it is or what it means yet.

"Wouldn't have mattered what I was doing. You need me, I'll be there."

As Elle and Lord get closer their worlds are colliding by the most unlikely source.  However, this imploding is also making their bond stronger and stronger. 

"Sweet thing, you took me from day one. Why should this be any different?"

These two may seem more unlikely than Con and Vanessa but there is just something special about these two that you can't not fall for them and root for them to find their happiness.

"You realize you're it for me, right?" 
"I think I'm getting that.  Which works, because you're it for me too."

They started from different worlds and got thrown into the middle of a shit storm to only come out better for it. 

"But we deal with our demons in different ways.  We've all got chains to break free from; some might just be prettier than others."

I adored these two together and am so happy to have found this series.

4 The most unlikely HEA thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.