Wednesday 23 December 2015

Driven, Fueled & Crashed by K. Bromberg ~ #bookreviews #romance


http://amzn.to/1ZolKDq
Driven (Driven #1)


by
 
From New York Times Best-Selling Author K. Bromberg comes an unforgettable series about lust, love, redemption, and healing...

Our paths should never have crossed.

Colton Donavan was arrogant, exuded that bad boy vibe, and embodied everything I never wanted. And yet all it took was one night, one hallway, and one stolen kiss for me to know I hated him and desired him instantly.

My heart was healing. His soul was damaged. But with one bid, one little boy, and one carnival date, I couldn’t walk away and he wouldn’t let me in.

This is our story. Our fight. Our perfectly imperfect love.


Longer description:

Rylee Thomas is used to being in control. But she’s about to meet the one man that just might make her enjoy losing it…

I am the exception to the rule.

In a world full of willing women, I’m a challenge to the roguish and achingly handsome Colton Donavan. A man used to getting exactly what he wants in all aspects of life. He’s the reckless bad boy constantly skating that razor thin edge toward out of control, on and off of the track.

Colton crashes into my life like a tornado: sapping my control, testing my vulnerabilities beyond their limits, and unintentionally penetrating the protective wall around my healing heart. Tearing apart the world I rebuilt so carefully with structure, predictability, and discipline.

I can’t give him what he wants and he can’t give me what I need. But after a glimpse beneath his refined exterior into the dark secrets of his damaged soul, can I bring myself to walk away?

Our sexual chemistry is undeniable. Our individual need for complete control is irrefutable. But when our worlds collide, is the chemistry enough to bring us together or will our untold secrets and battle of wills force us apart?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17798287-driven?from_search=true&search_version=service




Source: Kindle
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 1 in an ongoing series

My Driven Review . . .

Oh! Boy! Colton Donovan is one very broken man.

To accommodate his brokenness he has safeguards in place.
1) Have arrangements with woman but no real relationships
2) Never allow them to his real home
3) Has a type. Shallow viper blondes whom he will never have a deep connection to.

Then one night he runs into a voluptuous brunette who changes his foundation.

"Not inconsequential, Rylee.  You could never be inconsequential."

Rylee knows broken, as she works at a group home where the boys are there in the first place because of their brokenness.   Rylee will do anything for the group home, even if it mean cavorting with the devil aka Colton.

However he seems genuine for wanting to help out the home and the boys but he's also relentless when pursuing Rylee.  She's not his typical type so she doesn't understand why he won't let her go.
 After finally weighing her down she finally consents to ONE date.  But one date turns out to more then turns into an arrangement.

Rylee wants more than just an arrangement but she knows she's dealing with a broken man so she has to tread carefully.  As their arrangement progresses her insecurities come out with all the vipers wanting sloppy seconds.

Rylee starts to mean more to Colton so she evolves from arrangement to relationship.  Well the best that Colton can due since he's never really been in a serious relationship before. 

"It's unfathomable how much I want you, Rylee."  He pulls me tighter into him.  "How much I'm drawn to you."

The closer they get the more Colton's walls come down but that leads to extreme vulnerability that he's not ready to share with anyone so he does what he does best, which is push the best thing that has ever happened to him away.

" ... I'm not one of your kids. My shit can't be fixed.  I've been broken for way too long for that miracle to happen."

3  Such a broken man thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren


 

http://amzn.to/1ZolQLl
Fueled (Driven #2)


by

Book #2 of the Driven Trilogy

What happens when the one person you never expected suddenly happens to be the one you’ll fight the hardest to keep?

Colton stole my heart. He wasn't supposed to, and I sure as hell didn't want him to, but he crashed into my life, ignited feelings within me that I thought had died forever, and fueled a passion that I never knew could exist.

Rylee fell out of that damn storage closet and into my life. Now I don't think I'll ever be the same. She's seen glimpses of the darkness within me, and yet she's still here. Still fighting for me. She is without a doubt the saint, and I am most definitely the sinner.

How is it the one thing neither of us wanted—neither of us anticipated that fateful night—has us fighting so hard to keep?

He steals my breath, stops my heart, and brings me back to life again all in a split second of time. But how can I love a man who won't let me in? Who continually pushes me away to prevent me from seeing the damaged secrets in his past? My heart has fallen, but patience and forgiveness can only go so far.

How can I desire a woman who unnerves me, defies me, and forces me to see that in the deep, black abyss of my soul there's someone worthy of her love? A place and person I swore I'd never be again. Her selfless heart and sexy body deserve so much more than I'll ever be capable of giving her. I know I can't be what she needs, so why can't I just let her go?

We are driven by need and fueled with desire, but is that enough for us to crash into love?



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17880708-fueled?from_search=true&search_version=service



Source: Kindle
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 2 in an ongoing series


My Fueled Review . . .

Usually in a series the first book is the best and the rest are not as good, but with this series the books kept getting better and better.  Colton's brokenness reminds me a bit of Remy from the Real Series by Katy Evans, and god I felt no one could be more broken than that poor man, but Colton looks like he may take the prize.

Throughout Fueled and Driven we are getting alluded to what could have been the catalyst to Colton's demise and you just KNOW that it is going to be heartwrenchingly terrible.

Gah! When Colton fucks up he fucks up!  These two are a giant clusterfuck but yet so made for each other.  Fueled is about them finding their way back to one another but they have to wade through quite the pile of shit to get there.

Colton's family knows he's broken but they love and cherish him anyways.  For the first time they have hope, because Colton's starting to change for the better and they know Rylee is the reason for this.

"Colton is a wonderful yet complicated man ... worthy of your love, even if he is unable to accept that concept, yet."

Anxiety filled for a big part of this book while both of these stubborn asses figure their shit out.  And then finally talk to one another instead of assume, assume, assume.  Rylee's also to blame in their demise not just Colton.  He knows what he could have and knows that he has to learn and compromise to be with Rylee.  Now he just has to get her to listen, which is a lot harder than need be. After finally get reamed out Rylee is forced to listen to Colton.  Thankfully she really listened so she could open her heart to the possibility of more.

"We're not broken, baby ...we're just bent.  And bent's okay.  Bent means that we're just figuring things out."

3.5 I spiderman you thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren



http://amzn.to/1JtsruS
Crashed (Driven #3)


by

When life crashes down around us, how hard are we willing to fight for the one thing we can’t live without, each other?

Life is full of moments.
Big moments.
Little moments.
And none of them are inconsequential.
Every single moment prepares you for that one instance that defines your life. You must overcome all your fears, confront the demons that chase you, and cleanse the poison that clings to your soul or you risk the chance of losing everything.

Mine started the minute Rylee fell out of that damn storage closet. She made me feel. Made me whole when all I thought I could ever be was incomplete. Became the lifeline I never knew I needed. Hell yes, she’s worth the fight…but how do you fight for someone you know you don’t deserve?

Love is full of ups and downs.
Heart stopping highs.
Soul shattering lows.
And none of them are insignificant.
Love is a racecourse of unexpected twists and turns that must be negotiated. You have to break down walls, learn to trust, and heal from your past in order to win. But sometimes it’s the expected that’s the hardest to hold on to.

Colton has healed and completed me, stolen my heart, and made me realize our love’s not predictable nor perfect—it’s bent. And bent’s okay. But when outside factors put our relationship to the test, what lengths will I have to go to prove to him that he’s worth the fight?

Whoever said love is patient and love is kind, never met the two of us. We know our love is worth it—have acknowledged that we were meant to be—but when our pasts crash into our future, will the repercussions make us stronger or break us apart?



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17880714-crashed?from_search=true&search_version=service



Source: Kindle
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 3 in an ongoing series

My Crashed Review . . .

After the crazy cliffhanger in Fueled we don't know what to expect.  What we didn't expect was Colton to forget the precious moments before the crash.

Rylee's beside herself with worry and heartache waiting for Colton to come back to her.  Once he finally wakes up she's happy they can finally be together, but Colton doesn't remember everything which only breaks her heart a bit more.

Their relationship is caustic and temperamental, but it's also full of love and potential.  Once Colton wakes up he knows what he wants but it's a tough to get to the other side.  Gah! I knew KNEW his story was gut wrenching, but finally hearing and reading the why guts you for the poor broken Colton.

Finally releasing that hold on him is the key to setting him free and being able to fully love.

"...  life isn't about how you survive the storm, but rather how you dance in the rain."

Their journey is a very rocky one but Colton knows his prize and its not winning racing but winning Rylee and what a way he wins her over forever.

"I want to be your motherfucking checkered flag, Rylee.  Your pace care to lead you through tough times, your pit stop when you need a break, your start line, your finish line, your goddamn victory lane."

What a great epilogue and ending for these two.   This story just got better and better.


4 Checkered flag thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.