Friday 11 December 2015

Everything I Left Unsaid by Molly O'Keefe ~ #bookreview #romance

http://amzn.to/1jxEss2
Everything I Left Unsaid (Everything I Left Unsaid #1)


by
 
Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free.

I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.

And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.

His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25387181-everything-i-left-unsaid?ac=1&from_search=1


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Random House | Bantam via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 1 in a new series


My Everything I Left Unsaid Review . . .

This is one of those books that I didn't know much going in but I quite liked the whole reading experience.  The thing I liked most was that the couple didn't even officially meet until Part two of the book.  

One abandoned phone, one call, one trailer park, one older grumpy mystery man, a woman on the run and a man hiding in the shadows are the catalyst to great story. 

~Fine.  We all had to pretend something, didn't we?  Out here in this shitty trailer park. We all had to pretend something so we didn't look too hard at what a mess our lives were. We were all excellent editors of our own selves. ~

In the first part Dylan and Annie both hide parts of themselves but at the same time show the most truths to each other via the phone.  With the phone its safe to truly be themselves even though they both know little about each other.  


For Annie, she can finely give in to herself instead of always being what others want.  For Dylan, he can truly want something when he knows he can't have it since they'll never meet.  The more they talk the more they give each other.  Since they won't meet its safe for both of them.  

These two have so many secrets and desires which makes them very similar. With the help of Dylan, Annie is able to sexually explore within herself and what she finds she wants to unleash with Dylan. 

Throughout this steamy phone relationship, Annie is finally feeling comfortable in her own skin and at this trailer park.  But this trailer park is a gem of drama and secrets causing Annie's and Dylan's worlds to finally intertwine with each other.

At first Dylan tries to keep Annie at bay, but he can't deny her long.  Immediately these two have  explosive passion and strong feelings that have been developed with their phone calls, but the truths need to come out if there is any chance of this growing to more.  

However, both of these two have loads of baggage and low self worth causing them to both believe that each other could do better without the other weighing them down.

"I don't know anything about love, Dylan.  All I know is survival." 

One thing we all know is the past doesn't always stay in the past and for Annie the end of this book has her past coming back with a vengeance.  


Now I have to continue to find out how Dylan and Annie fair with this new development.  Thankfully I have book two so I will immediately dive in.  

Did I like this book?  Quite a lot actually.  I didn't have many expectations but this book pleasantly surprised me and had me hooked.  There is so much potential for Dylan and Annie I'm just curious what will happen. 

4 Trailer Park Loving Thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.