Tuesday 22 December 2015

The Aftermath (The Hurricane #2) by R.J. Prescott ~ #bookreview #sportsromance @ForeverRomance

http://amzn.to/1mfjRun
The Aftermath (The Hurricane #2)


by

When you’ve got nothing, you’ve got nothing to lose. But what happens when you have everything you ever wanted? You fight to keep it.

Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell’s star is on the rise. Billed as the most promising young boxer of his generation, his new career is taking him to places he never dreamed. But O’Connell only needs one thing in life: his wife. In her final year of college, Em cannot follow him around the world but together they make it work.

Just when everything they ever wanted is on the horizon, the past resurfaces to haunt them and O’Connell realizes that justice might not be a part of his happy ever after.

He couldn’t protect Em once before, but in the aftermath of the hurricane, he will make sure that never happens again.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25101535-the-aftermath?ac=1&from_search=1
  


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Forever | Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley
Genre: New Adult Sports Boxing Romance
Part 2 in a series

  
My The Aftermath Review . . .

I have to admit that I liked this one so much better than the first one.  Both were sweet but this one had so much more feels in the heart than in The Hurricane.   The Aftermath starts immediately after where The Hurricane left off with Em and O'Connell dealing with the aftermath of Frank's kidnapping.  

For more than a year, she'd been my sunshine in a dark place.   Now it was my turn to be hers.
I love this boxing family! Especially Danny. As Em is trying to move forward, her new family is rallying around her to support her.   O'Connell regrets not being able to protect Em when she needed it the most so he wants to put his plans on hold to help her while she deals with Frank's trial.   But Em is tough as nails and doesn't want Frank to win so makes O'Connell still chase his dream. 

"How do you get to be so strong?" I asked.  "I found myself a family of fighters."


These two may be young but there love is strong.  In the first book O'Connell had ups and downs for me but here he really came into himself and shined.  Their love for one another is strong and only stronger with the rest of their group of misfits.   This time around O'Connell wants to help Em in any way that he can, which ends up being hard when Em's worlds starts to implode around her.

~I didn't need her to fix me and all the fucked-up shit that followed me.  I just needed her to love me and have faith in me while I fixed myself.  ~

 Gah! These two don't have it easy but it only makes their bond stronger.  There was something so heartfelt about this story that I absolutely adored.  Was it my favorite story? No, but it was a good one where we get a very well deserved HEA.  My fingers are crossed that we get more from this series with Tommy, Liam, Earnshaw and Keiran.

4 Worth the aftermath thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.