Friday 9 February 2018

The Road to You by Melissa Toppen Review Tour #bookreview #teasers @mtoppenauthor


Title: The Road To You
Author: Melissa Toppen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: January 25, 2018
 

 


Life is full of choices- of chances- of moments.

Chances we regret not taking. Choices we wish we could change.
And then there are the moments that define us.
Kam was my choice…
The one who stole my heart instantly.
Kane was my chance…
The one who set me ablaze with just one look.
They were my moment…
Two brothers that both owned a part of me.
Two brothers that I loved in different ways for different reasons.
One brother shattered my heart.
The other put it back together.
Both changed me forever.
The Road to You is a standalone contemporary romance. 



 



 

 






Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of  Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Standalone


My The Road To You Review . . . 

When I first signed on to be part of this tour I signed up because of the author, then I realized that I mixed up the author for another author and this ended up being the first time I have ever read anything from Melissa Toppen.  And what a pleasant surprise that was.  I now can't wait to read more from this fabulous author.  

This beautiful story starts back in time where the young Elara meets her best friend and first love Kam.  There friendship is so sweet and loving, as are first loves that come along with amazing friendships.

Then the story jumps to present time where you heart gets gutted and the tears start a flowing.   Then the books jumps back and forth to past and present.  This is where we get all the meat and potatoes and nuances of this beautiful story.

In present time we get more from Kam's brother Kane.  They may be brothers but they are so different from one another.   However, both brothers share something in common . . . Elara.  And now Elara and Kane have something in common which is  . . .  heartbreak. 

It is so tough to explain the difference between loving someone, loving the idea of someone and actually being in love with someone and Melissa Toppen did an amazing job drawing the line between these. 

This was such a gut wrenching beautiful story.  There is so much I want to say but I also don't want to ruin the experience of this story, and saying too much will ruin it for sure.   I absolutely adored this book and the emotional journey it takes you on.  

4 . 5  Heartbreaking beautiful thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up  . 5

Lauren







Melissa Toppen is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Romance Author of New Adult, Contemporary, Erotic and Romantic Suspense. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Melissa was born and raised in a small town in Ohio and now resides in Cincinnati with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.
In addition to spending time with family and friends, Melissa loves going to concerts and is obsessed with the T.V. shows Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time and Outlander.
 

 
 
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.