Friday 13 November 2015

Crave (Bayonet Scars #5.5) by J.C. Emery ~ #bookreview #novella #MCromance

http://amzn.to/1Man472
Crave (Bayonet Scars #5.5)


by

SHE’S HEARTBROKEN. HE’S A HEART-BREAKER.

Elle Phillips’s relationship with the Forsaken Motorcycle Club is strained, much like the relationship she had with her father, a Forsaken brother, before he died. The only piece of Forsaken that Elle wants to hold onto is their sergeant-at-arms and her former lover, Sterling “Bloody Knuckles” Grady. Unfortunately, Grady’s moved on and he doesn’t seem to be coming back. With her heart hurting over one man who’s died and another who’s practically dead to her, Elle throws herself into her work as a private investigator and tries to keep a low profile where the club’s concerned. But when a case comes along that she can’t refuse, she finds herself embroiled in club business in a way that leaves her questioning everything she thought she knew about Forsaken.

Diesel knows that keeping tabs on Elle Phillips is going to bring him trouble. He already loves her even though he barely knows her, but when Grady asks Diesel to keep her safe, he can’t say no. His patience has run out and he’s going to do anything to get Elle to realize he’s the man she’s been craving— even going behind the club’s back to help her solve a case she shouldn’t be working.

Real love is always the cure.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26049641-crave?ac=1&from_search=1



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author and Inkslinger PR
Genre: Adult MC Contemporary Romance Novella
Part 5.5 of an ongoing series


My Crave Review . . .

After Rev (Bayonet Scars #3), I've been dying to find out what happened with Elle, as I felt like her story line was left too open.  Thankfully we now get to see what happened with her.  


Elle is hired to help solve a mystery which caused her to come home, which makes her have to lick her wounds where it concerns Grady and the Forsaken Motorcycle Club.  Elle not only has a chip on her shoulder from Grady but also from her father.  

Diesel, whom is also part of the MC has had his eye for Elle forever.  For now he was just waiting his time until Elle gets over her shit and wants to move forward.  Even though Grady wasn't in love with Elle, it doesn't mean he doesn't care about her.  He asks Diesel to help Elle, to keep her safe as she's getting herself in trouble with her new assignment.  

Diesel's patient and loyal.  While Elle has her own issues causing her to be whiny at times.  Thankfully Diesel knows when to pounce. 

" . . . If you weren't thinking about it, then you'd have said something by now, but you didn't so I'm just gonna throw this out and see where it lands--you and me, babe--we're gonna happen.  Not today because you've got a heart full of hurt, but soon."

Elle has a world of trust issues, and yes some are warranted but they got tiresome and I wanted her to just pull her big girl panties up and get over it.

"Something you're gonna get about me eventually is this--I tell you I'm gonna do something, I fucking do it.  I say you're gonna trust me, you're going to because I'm showing you that you can trust me.  I say we're gonna happen, it's because I'm gonna make us happen." 

This was a sweet addition to this series but didn't feel like it was completely necessary.  I did like finding out more about Elle, but I didn't fall in love with her character.  But I did fall for Diesel.  The more quiet ones are often the most charming in the end.  This novella felt like a bit of a side track to the main story,  and it was somewhat cute and quick.  I liked it but didn't love it.  But in the end I can't wait for more from this series to see how it all ends as so many elements are still left unanswered.

3 Diesel Loving Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.