Tuesday 3 July 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Holden Maxwell


So, today is Monday which means Book Boyfriend Monday - I was trying to pick who it should be this week and it was tough but after polling my friends I have decided to go with...

Holden Maxwell AKA Max from The Gamble by Kristen Ashley.

I will be honest you will be seeing many boyfriends's from Kristen Ashley in the future because she has so many yummy alpha male characters that I adore

Now when we first meet Max we think that he is a bit of an Ass but then we start to see his true loving colors and fall head over heels for him.

He has of a bumpy past but even though he is one of my boyfriends you are so happy that he and Nina are together. (It's ok I can share him winking)

Here are some of the reasons that I love Max

"You went through my purse?" "Woman sick in my bed, yeah. Figured I should know her name."  Max

"Hang tight, baby." The bed moved and I fell back as substantial weight came in behind me.  Then his body was the length of my back, fitting itself into the curve of mine. I nestled backwards, deeper into his solid warmth as the tremors kept quaking my frame. His arm came around me, his hand found mine and the fingers of both my hands curled around his, hard, tight, holding on. 

"Because I've seen you naked, I've seen you sweet, I've seen you unsure and I've seen you riled and, seein' all that, I know, you were half a world away from me, I'd fuckin' phone."  - oh Max *sigh*

"I know this, those assholes are assholes because they did what they did and because they did it to a good woman. Learned some things in my life, Duchess, one of the most important, you find a good woman, you take care of her." "Please." " This happens between us, Duchess, I'd take care of you." "Don't" "Die doin' it, " he vowed

"You've done a lot for me but can I ask you to do this too?" Max's yes held mine for a long moment before he replied softly, "Wouldn't want it any other way."

"You lose anyone, there's no replacing them. There'll never be another Charlie, you know that. And there'll never be another Anna. What you need to get is that's precious, you get to keep that, you don't want to replace it. That doesn't mean you can't find something else just as good."

"I'm in love with you, Duchess."

"Right here, Nina," he whispered back immediately, "I'm always right here, honey,"

Quotes and passages from The Gamble

As I was going through this book again for quotes and such I realized that this book is one of my favorites and would read it again and again. I love this story of Nina and Max and all their friends. It is a heart wrenching great story.


The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) 

(Adult Romance)

Source: Kindle 

Nina Sheridan’s on a timeout adventure in the Colorado Mountains. She needs distance from her clueless fiancĂ©, distance to decide whether she wants to spend the rest of her life with a man who doesn’t care enough to learn how she takes her coffee.

Arriving in a blinding snowstorm at the A-Frame she rented, she comes face to face with the most amazing man she’s ever seen. Minutes later, when he kicks her out of his house, she goes head to head with him.

Beyond angry because she’s flown half a world away to start her timeout adventure, not to mention her sinuses hurt, she heads back down the mountain and ends up in a ditch. Unable to extricate herself, she gives up, hopes for rescue and falls asleep in the backseat.

The next morning she wakes up in the amazing man’s bed and she’s sick as a dog.

Holden Maxwell spends days nursing her back to health and then he spends the next two weeks trying to convince her to take her Colorado adventure further, in other words, make it permanent and take a gamble on him.

Nina has a tough time fighting her attraction to Max, especially when it seems all Max’s friends, her mother and stepdad and the whole town want them together and both she and Max get embroiled in the murder of Max’s ex-friend and the town of Gnaw Bone’s most detested resident – a man everyone has motive to kill, especially Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.