Monday 30 December 2019

Someday, Someday by Emma Scott #bookreview #MM #romance

Someday, Someday

by
 
How long would you wait for love?

Max Kaufman was kicked out of his home as a teen and his life has been an uphill battle ever since. From addiction and living on the streets, to recovery and putting himself through nursing school, he’s spent the last ten years rebuilding his shattered sense of self. Now he’s taken a job as a private caretaker to Edward Marsh III, the president and CEO of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Max soon learns Marsh’s multi-billion-dollar empire is a gold and diamond-encrusted web of secrets and lies.

The longer Max works and lives with the Marsh family, the tighter the secrets tangle around him. And his heart—that he’s worked so hard to protect—falls straight into the hands of the distant, cold, and beautiful son of a dynasty…

Silas Marsh is set to inherit the family fortune, but his father is determined his heir be the “perfect” son. Before Silas can take over the company and end its shady business practices, he must prove himself worthy…and deny his true nature.

Silas must choose: stand up to his father by being true to himself and his undeniable feelings for Max. Or pretend to be someone he is not in order to inherit everything. Even if it means sacrificing a chance at happiness and real love.

#standalone #MM #billionaire

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41450826-someday-someday?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=vOH8L4rHir&rank=1



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Emma Scott books LLC via NetGalley
Genre: MM Contemporary Romance
Standalone


My Someday, Someday Review . . .

OMG! I love Emma Scott.  She is brilliant and fast becoming one of my favorite authors.   And I believe this is her first MM romance and it was AMAZING!!!  So much heart.  The story was heartbreaking and beautiful. This story is about conquering hate with love.

This love story is about Max and Silas, both have heartbreaking pasts.  Both pasts are the aftermath of negative reactions of parents finding out about their sons being gay and how it effects them. 

Both pasts were harsh but Silas's back story hurt my heart.   Conversion therapy should be banned and not be allowed.  It is barbaric and cruel.  I can't even imagine what it would be like during and after.  I feel Emma did an amazing job portraying his pain.  

Silas fought so many demons but then Max came into his life and knocked down all his walls.


"What if you can't let go?  What if it's too late?"
"No such thing," I said.  "Every minute you're alive is a second chance to start over. . . "

"Since when did you get so wise?"
"I'm not." He sipped his cocktail.  "I just watch a lot of Wendy Williams."

It saddens me so much that so many people have negative responses on finding their loved ones are gay.   To me love is love and it should be that simple. 

~Because hate has to be taught.  You're not born with it. ~

Gah! Watching Silas break his bonds was so beautiful.

"I'm so happy for you.  And so happy for me now now that I don't have to go over there and murder someone, because that would have really complicated my plans for our future." 

Loved who Silas was after he thawed.  He was so full of love and it makes me so sad if it wasn't for Max what would have happened to him.


~Forgiveness isn't for the person you're forgiving.  It's for yourself.  To set the burden down and move on.~

I had already loved Max and Silas but Eddie just made my heart swell.  Gah, Eddie was amazing.   I loved his character.  I loved his honesty and how he saw the world.  I loved Silas's love for his brother and how Max immediately became friends with him and truly just saw Eddie and not the spectrum that he was on. 

I'm having a hard time writing this review because it gave me all the feels and I think everyone needs to experience Max, Silas and Eddie.   This is such a beautiful story and will be a book I will re-read and remember for the ages.   Thank you Emma for writing such an amazing story.  I can NOT wait for more from this author.

5 Heart Felt Stars!!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren





       







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.