Reflected in You (Crossfire #2)
by Sylvia Day (Goodreads Author)
My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
It feels like forever that I have been waiting to read this book and by some luck I got the chance to read the eARC version and then loss sleep because I could not put it down.
Now I can't say to much because I do NOT want to ruin it for anyone of how it all turns out but here are a few things that I can say.
1) Wow I forgot how unhealthy Gideon and Eva can be within their relationship
2) I have never been a victim of sexual abuse but I know it can change a person to the point that they can not heal from. So to have both Gideon and Eva be survivors is gutting and trying for both of them
3) oh Cary what are we going to do with you. You broken broken man
4) Gideon my heart bleeds for him but I love him so. In this book he becomes so much stronger and you want everything for him
5) Eva - Yikes her issues are coming up to the surface and I wanted to strangle her sometimes so she would actually feel what is going to instead of over thinking it.
6) Dr. Lucas what a douche!
In a relationship to be strong we need Trust, Respect and Love but we need all three. If you don't have one you don't have the others. Gideon and Eva's journey is trying to find these three and what a trying journey it is with passionate sex, love, mystery, respect and most important trust.
I can not wait to find out more about Gideon and Eva in Entwined in you #3 where more mysteries will unfold.
5 Heart Bleeding Thumbs Up!