Friday 15 May 2020

Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata #bookreview

https://amzn.to/3cygMk3
Luna and the Lie

by

The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has worked out the way it was supposed to.

But when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient.

Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42883009-luna-and-the-lie?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=8C5OxXzqNf&rank=1



Source:Kindle Unlimted
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Standalone


My Luna and the Lie Review . . .

This is my second Mariana Zapata book and another one out of the park.  This one got me right in the feels but for a totally different reason then others.  This got me in the feels because I completely connected with Luna and her emotions.  When she got heart broken, I got heart broken. 

~All I had ever wanted was to be loved.~

Luna has had a rough life but she is full of love to give.  She takes care of her younger sisters since her family wouldn't and she's done it all on her own with no one's help.   She's a painter at body shop and everything about her is kick ass.  She's real and relatable and super strong.

She's a breath of fresh air with everyone around her, yet most of her family can't appreciate the gem that she is.   She has two bosses.  One is Mr. C and he's like her pseudo dad where is Mr. Ripley or aka as Rip is a large man of little words.

I loved the banter between Rip and Luna as they became friends.   The way Luna was able to chip away at Rip's rough exterior to get in.  

"Eh, Rip, you're size ginormous and my couch is size normal."

There was just something special about Luna that hit me right in the heart.  I don't know if it was the being let down by family or just wanted to be loved that got to me, but she was written so well that you felt her pain. 

"I don't dislike a single fucking bone in your body, Luna."

This was such a great story.  It had many layers to it and it sucked me in from the start.  I couldn't put it down as I was rooting for Luna to find what she has always wanted.   And Rip couldn't have been more perfect for her. 

4 .5 Want to be loved thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren





imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgboximgboximgbox







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.