Sunday 3 May 2020

More Than Words: A Love Story by Mia Sheridan #bookreview #romance

More Than Words

by
The moment she met Callen Hayes, eleven-year-old Jessica Creswell knew he was a broken prince. Her prince. They became each other's refuge, a safe and magical place far from their troubled lives. Until the day Callen kissed her--Jessica's first real, dreamy kiss—and then disappeared from her life without a word.

Years later, everyone knows who Callen Hayes is. Famous composer. Infamous bad boy. What no one knows is that Callen's music is now locked deep inside, trapped behind his own inner demons. It's only when he withdraws to France to drink his way through the darkness that Callen stumbles into the one person who makes the music return. Jessica. His Jessie. And she still tastes of fresh, sweet innocence . . . even as she sets his blood on fire.

But they don't belong in each other's worlds anymore. There are too many mistakes. Too many secrets. Too many lies. All they have is that instinctive longing, that need—and something that looks dangerously like love.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36342145-more-than-words?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=2FjZ0ENT70&rank=2



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Forever via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Standalone


My More Than Words: A Love Story  Review . . . 

Update: I read this in 2018 and the review was written after I originally read it.  I've just been that far behind on my blog.  

OMG! I have to admit that this is my first Mia Sheridan book. Yeah! And it definitely won't be my last.
"No one makes me feel like you, Princess Jessie. No one ever will."

This book was so brilliantly written from start to finish. It also helps that I've been to the Loire Valley so the book even felt more real to me. I also loved the parallel story with translation that Jesse was working on. Joan of Arc on her own is a phenomenal story but having this alternate idea of her companion was brilliant.

"One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to love without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying." Joan of Arc


"I'm here to save you."

Jessie lived in the world of words and adventure than one day on her wandering she finds her way into empty train box and finds Callan within the box. Then an easy friendship starts between the two while Jessie introduces Callan to music. As the two grow up Jessie's feeling also grow. Then one day Callan is gone and she never saw him again.

Well until many years later when Callan crashes back into her life but he isn't the boy she used to know. Instead he's portraying himself as a bit of a cocky bad boy within the composing world. And is a bit of a jerk. Even though Callan didn't recognize Jessie right away he was drawn to her and doesn't know why. One chance meeting again causes both to have conflicted emotions resurface.

As time moves forward, Jessie gets a job to do what she loves and ends up in the same place where Callan is vacationing, which causes both of these two to reconnect as friends.

As Jessie is unfolding the new truths and a secret love story she also finds herself living out a fantasy of her own.

"At some point you're going to have to take responsibility for your own life, Callen, instead of blaming everyone else. At some point you're going to have to stop being a coward. I sincerely hope you do."

Callan had a secret and when it came out I got why he acted the way he did, but I did feel it was a bit much for that secret but in that industry a hang nail would most likely be a big deal, so I see why he would want to keep it secret. Thankfully Jessie brings him out of cowardness. Callan conquering his fear was truly beautiful .


"Then write me love letters with your music. Write me songs that make my heart ache and my soul feel full. If you . . . If you have feelings for me, express them through your songs. I don't care. But don't live a life you don't want to lead. Don't become something you don't want to be. Don't throw away what we have because you don't feel worthy of me."

This book is about love and Miracles. I loved this story and can't wait to read more from this amazing author

5 Profoundly Beautiful Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren





imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgboximgboximgbox







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.