Wednesday 14 November 2012

No Mistletoe Required


No Mistletoe Required

Adult Romance

Source: eARC/NetGalley

by
Dan Beckins isn't sure how he let his best friend con him into volunteering to build Santa's Winter Wonderland at the local hospital. He's got no problems with charity work, but anything Christmas-related is off-limits ever since he lost his parents on Christmas Day years ago. The only bright spot is working with smoking-hot Anna Smith.

Anna Smith loves Christmas and volunteering at the hospital is one of her yearly highlights. She had leukemia as a teen and then a breast cancer scare in her mid-twenties, and is now operating under a self-imposed rule that she can't have a relationship until the doctors give her a clean bill of health.

A little fling might be permissible, though, and sexy lawyer-turned-carpenter Dan seems like the perfect candidate. But when chemistry flares and the two start forming a real connection, will Anna run away before like turns to love?


From Goodreads 
Goodreads-badge-add-plus 

My review...

So, what are my thoughts on this book? Well I thought it was cute and quick. I liked the idea of the grinch like love story.  I also liked their back stories and how they came to be where they are today. I felt more with Dan than I did with Anna. 

I get where Anna was coming from but I wanted to throttle her for pushing away something amazing because she was hung up in her head. There were times that I did not feel the connection with Dan and Anna and I felt their love story was a bit to fast therefore at times unbelievable but all in all it was a good read. 

Since Christmas time is coming and if you are looking for a Christmas themed book being cute and quick then this book is worth a read.

For me I am going to day 3.5 thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren  

Buy from Amazon:
 

Buy from iBooks:
No Mistletoe Required - Jeanette Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.