Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sinner's Creed (Sinner's Creed MC #1) by Kim Jones ~ #bookreview #releaseday #MC #romance @BerkleyRomance @SignetEclipse

http://amzn.to/1QhAvE3
Sinner's Creed (Sinner's Creed MC #1)


by

First in a new series—welcome to the Sinner’s Creed Motorcycle Club, where hard bodies and hot leather are made for each other, and love gone wrong is the most irresistible of all...
 
“I was the demon-possessed monster and she was the innocent, naïve angel. But none of that matters. She asks, I give and right now, I'll kill anyone who tries to stop me from giving this woman what she wants—me.”

Dirk lives in the shadows—performing hits, maintaining order, and upholding the no-holds-barred legacy of the Sinner’s Creed Motorcycle Club. A nomad with a restless spirit and a cold heart, the open road is his world. One of the few constants in his life: his desire for the one woman who has consumed his thoughts for years.

Saylor Samson grew up far from the harshness of Dirk’s world. But ever since she was seventeen she’s been drawn to this dark and mysterious man who always seemed to show up just when she needed him.

After years of fated encounters, he’s back. This time he’s taking her. This time she’s ready for the ride. But just when the darkness in Dirk’s life begins to fade, Saylor reveals a secret that puts them both to the ultimate test. Now, Dirk has to make a decision: submit to his destiny with the MC, or choose his own.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25713758-sinner-s-creed?ac=1&from_search=1&from_nav=true


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Berkley | Penguin Group
Genre: Adult MC Romance
Part 1 in a new series


My Sinner's Creed Review . . .

This was my first Kim Jones and well definitely NOT be my last.  This book started a bit slow for me but when I finally got into . . . DAMN my heart was devastated.  I'm not sure why it started slow for me.  It could have been the longer chapters which sometimes makes it easy for me to get distracted or it could have been deep down I knew I was going to be gutted, so I was protecting myself easing into this story.  For the fans of Bright Side by Kim Holden and the SOA you will love this book. I explain this book as Bright side meets the MC.  


Dirk's a lone wolf.  He's a nomad within the Sinner's Creed.  He's also dark and angry.  He's the man he is today because of how he was raised.  He knows no different then the MC ways.  He also believes he's a monster with no redemption.   That is until he sees Saylor Samson.  

And if evil is he, then evil am I.  I don't need his pride.  I don't need his love.  He wanted a monster; he got one.  I am the spawn of Satan.  I am the son of Lucifer.  I am Sinner's Creed.
Throughout the years Dirk sees Saylor but doesn't truly get to know her until years later.  He can't stop thinking about this girl, so now is the time to take what's his.  

Saylor's a saint.  She's embodies joy and pureness.  She loves whole heartedly and has a huge faith in god and his plan.  This is not a religious book but a book about love, faith, hope and second chances from the two most unlikely duo. 

It takes a lot to soften the likes of Dirk, but Saylor is up for the challenge.  This love story is epic and heartbreaking. Just writing this review I'm close to tears reliving my experience with these two. The more Saylor and Dirk fall in love the more Dirk changes. 

Just before I melt into a pool of mushy vagina on the floor, she changes the subject.

The character of Saylor is one that you can't love.  You easily see how Dirk fell so hard with this beautiful spirit. Together the are one.  If she hurts, then he hurts and vice versa. 

It's jut a headache, but if she hurts, I hurt.  It's that fucking simple.


Gah! I just loved this beautiful devastatingly heartbreaking story.  I don't want to give too much away as this is a story that need to be experienced by all.  I loved everything about this story from the premise to the characters the only thing that held me back was it was a slow start but so worth that hiccup.  I'm such a fan of well done MC books as well as damaged men who find their way to being whole again.  And this book fit the bill on both counts.  This book was done from Dirk's POV, which I quite liked as we got to see in the inside of his head with his transformation after meeting Saylor.  I can NOT wait for more from this series and this author.  Shady's story comes in July in Sinner's Revenge can't wait!

4.5 Devastatingly beautiful thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up. 5

Lauren












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.