Monday 10 April 2017

Atonement by Lydia Michaels & Allyson Young #bookreivew #erotica #menageromance #DOS @Lydia_Michaels @AllysonYoung45

Atonement

(#Dos Part Three)

 

Release Date: April 4, 2017


Through passion and betrayal, forfeit and loss, Austin, Ember and Cord are finally ready to face reality and atone for their sins in the conclusion of this emotionally charged, erotic trilogy, Degrees of Separation…
Beaten but not defeated, Austin faces his demons, encouraged by the return of his wife, December, and his best friend Cord’s constant presence. While accepting December’s feelings for Cord, Austin discovers some unprecedented emotions of his own… Pandora’s Box doesn’t close as easily as it opens.
Cord has kept a lifelong secret. But as his non-traditional love for Austin is exposed, he’s unprepared to trust his friends’ affection. Released from a self-imposed, emotional prison, he’s rewarded with both the man and woman of his dreams—yet he still harbors reservations.
December attempts to find a balance in her departure from conventional life and discovers new degrees of happiness intimacy in the non-traditional. With two men to love, her every need is met. But is she woman enough to satisfy their demanding hearts?

WARNING: This book contains subject matter suitable for mature reading audiences. Some content may be offensive to sensitive readers. Degrees of Separation is a MMF ménage trilogy with many emotionally graphic encounters and challenging situations that break the rules of traditional romance.

AUTHOR BIOS

Lydia Michaels

Lydia Michaels is the award winning author of 30 romance novels. Her novels from the darkly compelling Surrender Trilogy were iBooks Bestsellers and her work has been featured in USA Today. In 2015 she was the winner of The Best of Bucks Award and she has been nominated as Best Author in the Happenings Magazine two years running [2015 & 2016]. She is a four time nominee for the prestigious RONE Award. Her books are intellectual, emotional, haunting, always centered around love.

Allyson Young

Allyson lives in cottage country, Manitoba, Canada with her husband of many years and numerous pets. She has written for many years and after reading an erotic romance, quite by mistake, decided to try her hand at penning one. She has now published three series and several stand alones in contemporary, sci fi, fantasy and suspense genres. Allyson will write until whatever is inside is satisfied, until the heroes man up and the heroines get what they deserves. Love isn’t always sweet, and Allyson favours the darker side of romance.

Sign Up for Lydia Michaels Newsletter

Buy Links:

Website

Amazon

B&N

iBooks

Kobo


Social Links:

Facebook

Twitter
@Lydia_Michaels
@AllysonYoung45


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34091006-atonement?ac=1&from_search=true


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Authors
Genre: Erotic Romance MF, MFM, MM, MMF
Part 3 of a trilogy


My Atonement Review . . .

It has felt like the biggest lead up for this triad and I was super excited to find out how it all worked out for Cord, Austin and Ember.   But as I started to read I lost a bit of steam when it came to some elements of the story.  In particular was to Cord's long lost feelings for Austin.

The didn't need to know he'd harbored forbidden thoughts about his best friend for half of his life.  

Yes, there was mention to it in the other books but it was really talked about in Atonement.  The reason I had a problem with it was because I never truly felt Cord's hidden feelings.  I felt his hidden feelings for Ember but with Austin it was a stretch for me in some regards.  Don't get me wrong.  I loved the three of them together but I didn't find this element made the story deeper.  I think it was supposed to but it felt like some of the emotions were missing in this detail.

He'd loved him for so long and keep that secret had been the burden of his life. 

It was a pretty big element to the story so because I didn't completely feel this part it lessened some of the story for me. Thankfully the elements of how the triad all worked made up for parts I felt were missing.

Austin has had his struggles and being part of this triad is all new but he quickly gets over his fears and learns to lean on Cord and Ember or he would have gone back to old habits.  And that would have truly broke my heart, because he's grown so much.

"I have faith in you, Austin.  We both do.  You know this is where you belong, not at some bard or drinking and trying to work through your pain alone.  We won't break if you lean on us."

I think my favorite part of this story is the present evolution of Austin and Cord.  There are both such manly men and being part of emotional 'we talk things through' triad was a pleasure to watch while they wade through this next change in their relationship.

" I was not fucking crying."
"Sure thing, tender heart."
"Damn it, Austin! I wasn't.  I'm a fucking man.  Rugged and flannel covered."
I have to admit that Ember played a lesser role in this story for me then the past two, however she's still an integral part to the story.   I've quite liked this series and was honored for the opportunity to be able to review them.  I love a good triad and I felt Cord, Austin and Ember fit the bill in this aspect.  I'm a huge fan of Lydia Michaels so I can't wait for more from her and after reading this trilogy I now also want to read more from Allyson Young, since this was the first time I've read any of her stories.

3 . 5 Triad Loving Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up  . 5

Lauren















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.