Saturday 11 April 2020

After the Climb by Kristen Ashley (River Rain #1) #bookreview #romance

After The Climb

(River Rain #1)

by
They were the Three Amigos: Duncan Holloway, Imogen Swan and Corey Szabo. Two young boys with difficult lives at home banding together with a cool girl who didn’t mind mucking through the mud on their hikes.

They grew up to be Duncan Holloway, activist, CEO and face of the popular River Rain outdoor stores, Imogen Swan, award-winning actress and America’s sweetheart, and Corey Szabo, ruthless tech billionaire.

Rich and very famous, they would learn the devastating knowledge of how the selfish acts of one would affect all their lives.

And the lives of those they loved.

Start the River Rain series with After the Climb, the story of Duncan and Imogen navigating their way back to each other, decades after a fierce betrayal.

And introduce yourself to their families, who will have their stories told when River Rain continues.

This series was started with the help of you, my readers, during the pandemic crisis of COVID-19. The first book in this series is free, a gift to my Chicklets for their loyalty and support over the years, and a project we all banded together to produce during a challenging time. Thank you for years of kindness and encouragement. I hope you enjoy what we built together.

Please note: This book is a love letter to my readers, a project we worked on together, and as such, for the time being, will only be available right here on my website. In time, I will put it on vendors to be made available widely, but now, it’s just for you.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52945081-after-the-climb?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=GuddnZWs5X&rank=1

GET IT HERE FREE


Source: Kristen Ashley Website
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Part 1 in a new series


My After the Climb Review . . .


Gah! I loved this book! It was exactly what I needed this weekend.   I loved it from the process of KA writing the book and having it interactive on her FB page with input on characters and details to the finished product.


There is so much potential for a large series and so many characters that can potentially have their own story in the future with Sasha, Chloe, Matt, Gage, Sully, Hale and even Tom.

I can't wait for more from this series.

I loved how it was written with other character POV's to help give a back drop into the main characters plus get you invested into these characters for more in the series.    Every last character was written so well, I was enraptured into them and into the story.

I freaking loved Duncan "Bowie" Holloway.  He was everything!   His sons were amazing and once he grew up and got his shit together he was the perfect man who wasn't threatened and was able to just be.   Which made him the perfect partner for Gennie.

Imogen "Gen" Swan was also down to earth and super loving when she could have been anything but those characteristics.   Her kids were also amazing and added so much depth into Gen and how she raised them and how she was with them.

I loved how easy it was to merge the families and how supportive and mature everyone was.   I think it's easier to showcase this when the main characters are older and have more life experience.

I loved the banter between the all the characters.  Here are some of my favorites:

Duncan pulled down a mug and noted, "We try not to let Tuck up on the counters."
"I regret to inform you of the fact that Tuck has claimed me, and as his minion, I do as he says,  and he wants up on the counter to observe my work and pass judgement.  In his service, I cannot deny him."

"With age, honey, you learn a lot of shit.  One of the things you learn is that, in this world, there is absolutely nothing you can control, except your own actions and reactions."

"Ma mère chérie, please here this and get it through your beautiful, well-coifed, but thick head, I am twelve.  I will be a girl with a girl's delights and a girl's tantrums exercising a girl's prerogative to change her mind and be whatever she wants to be until the day I die."

5 Meant to be thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

GET IT HERE FREE




imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgboximgboximgbox







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.