Sunday 12 April 2020

Wreck & Ruin by Emma Slate (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club) #bookreview #MCromance #romance

Wreck & Ruin

by
 
"You're not lying to me, are you?" Dev's voice was low and dangerous. "I don't like people who lie to me." 

Wrong place, wrong time.


I've attracted the attention of a violent MC president.


Dev Rawlins wants me.


Desperate, I turn to Dev's enemy, Colt Weston, President of the Blue Angels.


He’s the sexiest man I’ve ever met, and the only one who can save me in a world of outlaws.


Danger and lust ignite my soul, making me feel alive for the first time in years.As my feelings for Colt deepen, I learn that beneath his gruff exterior beats the heart of a loyal warrior who would die for his family...and for me.


There was a time I didn’t belong in Colt’s world, but now I want to stay. To do that, I’m going to have to get my hands dirty.


Greed. Death. Violence.


The streets will run red with the blood of my enemies.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48746342-wreck-ruin




Source: Kindle Unlimited
Genre: Adult MC romance
Standalone


My Wreck & Ruin Review . . .

I was craving a good MC book and stumbled upon this gem.  This was my first foray into Emma Slate and I was pleasantly surprised with this story. This book filled my MC craving.  I was hooked from the beginning and couldn't put it down.  There was a bit at the end with the story line that I could have done without or differently.  This lessened the story a bit for me, but I was still intrigued and I want so much more from this author and I hope this book turns into a series.

I'm all for a strong kick ass heroine but it felt unnecessary for her to be the 'hero' and save the day.  Plus her revengeful path felt so out of character for her.  Because she was light and sarcasm . Don't get me wrong the reasons for her wanting revenge made sense but it didn't fit Mia. 

I loved the banter between Colt and Mia.  Here are some of my favorite parts with them.

"I'm not an asshole."
"You're not?" I blurted out.  "Well, you're doing a great job imitating one."
"Don't poke the bear, babe.  I don't care how hot you are, I don't need your lip."


"Life's too short, Mia, to live it for anyone else.  Just remember that."


"I think Colt wants to keep you."
"What's that now?"
"Keep you.  Life, for good."
"You can't keep a person.  I'm not a sheep in a petting zoo.  You don't just-what are you even saying right now?"


"Each day we're one step closer to the end.  Don't want to die and wish I'd really lived."


"I'm a proponent for happiness.  For following your own path.  For choosing someone who may not have been the person you thought you were going to wind up with."


"First of all," Colt began, "every relationship is a failure except the one that works.  You and I work."


"My name is James," he said, his tone raspy.  "James Stewart Weston, and when I marry you, you'll be a Weston.  And when we have kids-because damn it, there needs to be tiny yous running around in this world, they'll be Westons too.  There needs to be more light in this shit-as-fuck world.  And the only was I know how to leave it a better place is to give it a piece of you.  Because you're all fucking heart and I know that.  I know it in my soul Mia.  I swore I'd protect you and keep you safe.  That goes for our family too.  I'll protect you," he repeated.  "All of you."
I liked the soulfulness of Colt.  His maturity and levelheadedness kept me reeled in.  I adored Mia and Colt together and I like all the other characters as well.  Fingers crossed this turns into a story.   Though if it does not, I have to admit that Emma did close off many details and didn't leave us hanging.   Can't wait to read more from this author.

4 Soulful Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren





imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgbox imgboximgboximgbox







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.