2013 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge Sign-Up
The Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge was originally created and hosted by Pearl’s World of Romance, then was passed on to Romance Book Maven. Due to time constraints, Fatin asked if I would host the reading challenge and I’m honored to do so. I’m keeping the details pretty much the same as to when Pearl and Fatin hosted the challenge, though I did make a requirement that the book be at least 100 pages in length or longer to qualify.
I enjoy reading this genre and I’m always looking for new authors and books to read. And here’s your chance to join me.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read at least 10 contemporary romance novels. As per Pearl’s original post:
“by contemporary romance I mean straight contemporary, so without paranormal, fantasy or time-travel elements. Sexy, steamy contemporaries are eligible and so are category romances. (i.e. Harlequin Blaze, Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Super Romances, Silhouette Desires, etc.).”
I’m going to elaborate on this a bit just for the sake of clarification: Books read for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. This reading challenge is specifically for romances between a hero and a heroine. Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Books Read So far in this Challenge
- Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
- Luck of the Draw (Shamrock Falls #2) by Kelley Vittollo
- Fight for Me by Kristen Proby
- Wilde Ride by Maegan Lynn Mores
- The Proposal (Propostion #2) by Katie Ashley
- Knight & Play by Kitty French
- Exquisite by Ella Frank
- Beautiful Bastard by Christine Lauren
- Rock Her by Liz Thomas
- The Look of Love (Sullivan #1) by Bella Andre
- Up to Me (Bad Boys #3) by M. Leighton
- Can't Help Falling in Love (Sullivan's #3) by Bella Andre
- A Beautiful Lie by
- If You Were Mine (Sullivan's #5) by Bella Andre
- I Only have eyes for You (Sullivan's #4) by Bella Andre
- Three Stages of Love : Lust by T.C. Anthony
- From this Moment on (sullivan's #2) by Bella Andre
- Let Me Be the One (Suillivan's #6) by Bella Andre
- Come a Little Bit Closer (Sullivan's #7) By Bella Andre