Sunday 4 October 2015

Sinner's Steel (Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club #3) by Sarah Castille ~ #bookreview #MC #romance

http://amzn.to/1LcHvAQ
Sinner's Steel (Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club #3)

by

HE'S HELL ON WHEELS.
Tall, dark, and dangerously handsome, Zane "Tracker" Colter is the strong, silent type of tattooed muscle biker who drives women wild. But as a master of strategy for the outlaw MC club, Sinner's Tribe, he doesn't have time to play around with groupies and biker chicks-especially when he can't stop thinking about Evie, the girl who got away...

SHE'S PLAYING WITH FIRE.
Evie's been in love with Zane ever since they were children-until he broke her heart and disappeared. Now he's back in her life, bigger and badder than ever. Zane is stunned by how beautiful and confident Evie's become, using her artistic talent to customize motorcycles. He wants her so bad, he'd ride through fire to win her back. There's one problem: Evie is dating his deadliest rival-the leader of the Black Jacks-and if Evie and Zane hook up, there'll be hell to pay...


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23723778-sinner-s-steel?ac=1

PRE-ORDER for OCT.6/15 : AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN) 


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of SMP Romance via NetGalley
Genre: Adult MC Contemporary Romance
Part 3 in an ongoing series


My Sinner's Steel Review . . .

Finally Zane's story, which I was excited for but sadly this was another example of an annoying heroine that negatively effected the reading experience for me.


Jagger, Evie and Zane were the best of friends when they were kids.  But two of the three had wanted more.  As young teenagers Zane and Evie gave into their feelings only to have their worlds torn apart.  Due to being so young and making emotional decisions they are separated for many reasons.  Now reunited their former emotions are all over the place.  For Zane, its decreased self worth, for Evie it's you hurt me once so I need to assume, assume and assume, while I run and make terrible decisions.

One of Evie's bad decisions is withholding the truth from Zane, while at the same time using the past to protect her heart.


"But when I gave up hoping you would ever come back, I let you go.  I'm sorry, Zane. I'm not ready to open that door again."  (Here we go again with another woe is me heroine)


"Whatever it takes for you to trust me, I'll do."  He wrapped his hand around her neck and leaned down to kiss her cheek.  "If you want me to go slow, I'll go slow.  If you need gentle, I'll be gentle.  I will do what it takes, however long it takes.  But I won't let anyone else have you.  You are mine, Evie.  You've been mine since you were eight years old.  And now that I've found you again, I'm not gonna let you go." 


Evie didn't know where she stood with Zane, but she did know that a man who would hurt her once would do it again.  (Argh! She doesn't know that. )


Intimacy and connection only lead to pain.  And she'd had enough pain to last a lifetime.


I couldn't deal with that uncertainty.

I have to admit that I really dislike assumers within stories.  I know its supposed to create angst, but for me it creates anger and negativity towards those characters.

"You've got to figure that one out.  When people are abandoned, they wind up with a need to feel safe and secure, but they can't trust anyone because the people who were supposed to love them let them down.  So they push everyone away.  If you want her, you need to make her feel secure.  She won't feel that way if it looks like you got one foot out the door."

Don't get me wrong I get why Evie is the way she is, as it was portrayed well but this type of heroine is so over done that it's one of those a little too late scenarios.


Zane has his own baggage, as well as his loyalty with the MC, but now that Evie is back, as well as Ty,  he has to figure out how to make it all work, or he will lose Evie all over again.

"Tell me you want me."  His hand snaked up her back, fisted her hair.  She gasped at the sharp pain, felt a rush between her legs.  "I want you , Zane."  And she did.  She wanted this, the thrill, the risk, the rush. 
She wanted him.


"Always, sweetheart.  No matter what happens, you will always be mine."


"It's a life of freedom, honor, loyalty, and brotherhood; it's a life where you make the rules."


Another one of Evie's poor choices was Viper.  What was she thinking?


As Zane is sifting through Evie's push and pull of emotions, the MC war is coming to a head, causing all kinds of trouble.   But since being annoying wasn't enough for Evie, lets add in the role of martyr to give a complete package for her.  Argh!

Since Zane and Evie's connection is deep they can't fight the attraction to one another causing Evie to finally get her head out of her ass.

"You talk dirty like that to me, sweetheart, prepare to have your wish come true."


"You want me to fuck you so damn hard you can't think of anything but the orgasm I won't give you till you beg." 


"I want you to feel-pleasure, pain, and desire.  I want you to know the love I have for you.  I want you to understand that I will always be there for you.  You are my life, Evie.  You have my heart."

Don't get me wrong I did like the story, but I just don't like the assuming, annoying, martyr type heroines.  Been there done that way too many times.  If Evie was more kick ass I would have enjoyed this story so much more. Thankfully there was so much more to this story than Evie which let me still enjoy the rest of the story.   Even though Evie was not my favorite I will definitely continue with this series as there is so much more to happen within this MC world and Viper still on the run.

3 Why Evie Why Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

PRE-ORDER for OCT.6/15 : AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN) 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.