Monday 7 December 2015

Crashed Out (Made In Jersey #1) by Tessa Bailey ~ #bookreview #romance @entangledpub

http://amzn.to/1NcAFsO
Crashed Out (Made in Jersey #1)

by

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

His inspiration. His torment. And his temptation...

Jasmine Taveras is the reason Sarge Purcell grabbed his six-string and bailed the hell out of New Jersey four years ago. She's the fuel for every song he's ever written-each one laced with bitter, hard-edged, hungry lust. Now, with his hugely successful band is on temporary hiatus, Sarge is determined to prove to Jasmine that this "kid" turned into every inch the man she's always needed...

Men are slim pickings for a single factory girl in Hook, New Jersey...until tall, broad-shouldered hotness walks-or rather storms-into Jasmine's life. Sarge's return shouldn't affect her this way. He's her best friend's much younger kid brother, and the kind of rough, gritty, sexiness Jasmine has no right to taste for herself. Even if he lets her.

But lust is a blinding, insatiable force. And when it crashes, it will take both Sarge and Jasmine down with it...



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25781782-crashed-out?ac=1&from_search=1



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Entangled
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 1 in a new series


My Crashed Out Review . . .

This was me, when asked if I wanted the opportunity to review the new Tessa Bailey book.


This was me, as I was reading it. 


And the reason why . . .


Don't get me wrong, Tessa Bailey knows how to write sex scenes. 


But I wanted so much more from this book.  When Sarge Purcell was a teenager he had a huge crush on his babysitter/sisters's best friend.  Now years later he's a famous rock star and has come back home to clear out his head.  

While home he ends up staying with his old crush Jasmine Taveras.  With this new situation he decides to fuck the hell out of her to quiet down his demons where Jasmine is concerned.  So it doesn't take long with his dirty talking ways to crush Jasmine's walls to let him sexually.  

But her insecurities of the age difference and her being stuck in her home town plus her not communicating and assuming cause some angst but it was truly hard to completely get into it as the sex way outweighed the substance.  When this happens I can't fully get into the story as I would have preferred.  Plus the substance part wasn't all that deep when it did occur.


Was the sex good?  Yes, but I wanted more in the other parts of the story?  Did I love Sarge and Jasmine as a couple? At times but I didn't feel their emotional connection only their physical one.  Would I read more from series?  Yes, as it has huge potential and it's written by Tessa Bailey so of course I would read more.  As well as I'm so curious about River's story, which means I will definitely have to continue.  Did I love it? No, but I also didn't not like it.  It was good, quick and dirty but I still did wanted more.  Did I love the ending? Yes and no.  I love HEA but everything seemed to clean, perfect and rushed that it didn't quite fit the rest of the story.

3 More Sex than substance thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.