Entwined with You (Crossfire #3)
by Sylvia Day (Goodreads Author)The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…
It felt like for friggin' ever for this book to come out and the longer it took the more anxious I became and was scared that I was going to have high expectations and be disappointed but this was not the case.
This book was HOT!!!
Let me tell you the make up sex basically took over the whole book. I will admit it was almost TOO much sex and not enough substance.
With Eva she was still too weak minded and frustrating for me which gives their relationship that unhealthy feel but during this books she finally starts to get a back bone. FINALLY! Which takes their relationship to the next level.
Yes the two of them may be a bit too needy on one another but with their pasts for some reason it works for them.
Of course there reconciliation is not smooth sailing and has many bumps on the road like
- The jilted ex -lover report who is like a dog with a bone
- The jilted ex- who went a bit loco in the end
- The jilted - ex lover rock star who can't take no for an answer (but can't fully blame him because Eva does give pretty mixed signals and who know what will happen when we meet up with Brett again in the next book)
- The loving yet troubled roommate who sexual exploration has finally caught up on him and will potentially alter his life and lose the love of his life in the process :( (I'm Team Trey all the way)
- Gideon's bitch of a mother you know there is trouble brewing on the horizon there
- Eva's parents! Ugh! More trouble brewing.
- What is Eva's mom hiding? Her controlling ways are coming to the surface.
- Her Dad finds out the truth about Nathan. (Ugh! Gutted me this part) and his declaration of unrequited love. Argh! What will happen?
I was not sure about this trilogy turning into more books but I can see the vision now and I can't wait for more Gideon I just hope that the wait is not as long between installments.
4 Steamy Thumbs up!