Monday 20 May 2013

Dare You To (Pushing Limits #2) - Review

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)

YA
Source: eARC/NetGalley
by
"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all.... 


From Goodreads

Source: eARC for honest review from Netgalley

My Review...

Pushing Limits is one of my all time favorite books so I was so looking forward to this book. In the first book we meet Beth who for the most part is quite a jerk but you get the fact that she is as a protective mechanism. 


When I was waiting for this book I first assumed that the book was going to be about Beth and Isaiah so I was not sure what this Ryan fella was going to be like since I hearted Isaiah and I wanted him to have a HEA.  Because of this I had put up a wall around Ryan and his dare's but throughout the book he kept chipping away at my wall until I could do nothing but love him. 



Ryan's home life was broken in a different way than Beth's was but broken it still was. Together against all odds these two made each other stronger and better together.  Obviously Ryan not only won me over but Beth as well. 


I loved the softening of Beth that happens. It is like a seeing a butterfly come to life.  It was beautiful thing to see Beth get what she wants, needs and deserves....to be loved.




I am so curious of what is going to happen with Isaiah that I hope he finds his happy ending that he deserves because sometimes it is so hard seeing the difference of being in love with the idea of being in love to truly being in love.  I hope that he and Beth can reconnect their friendship to a better place.  I love Ryan and Beth but I need the whole family of Noah, Echo, Ryan, Beth, Isaiah and ? to feel more complete. 


I really liked this book. I think I may have loved the first one a bit better but this one still gets 4.5 loving thumbs up from me. 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.