Monday 14 January 2013

Book Boyfriend Monday - Dean Holder

This week's Book Boyfriend is going to be Dean Holder from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

There are so many reasons why Holder qualifies for being my BF here are a few:

1) He never gave up on Hope (literally and figuratively)
2) His love is loyal and passionate
3) His first non-kiss was WOW (on this alone he deserves to be a BF)

Some of the examples of why Holder is Awesome:

He smiles at me confidently. "Good. Because you're the only girl I've ever had the urge to love."

If words could break souls, my words just broke his in two. His face drops and tears fill his eyes.

"And even though I stopped, I should have never even started without telling you first how much I love you. I love you so much, baby......"

"Fuck all the first, Sky. The only think that matters to me with you are the forevers."

"...When you become min, it'll be a forever thing. I've told you before that the only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers, and I mean that."

I just don’t want it to be insignificant to her.  When I touch her…I want her to feel it.  I want every single thing I say to her and every single thing I do to her to have significance. (from Holder's POV)

“Sky, if you’re asking me to stop, I will. But I’m hoping you’re not, because I really don’t want to stop, so please. I lift up and look down at her, still barely moving against her.  She still hasn’t asked me to stop yet and honestly, I’m afraid to.  I’m afraid if I stop, then whatever she’s feeling right now will disappear. That scares me because I know that with me, I’ll be feeling her for days after this.  I love knowing that what I’m doing to her right now is having enough of an effect that she feels she needs me to stop before she passes an unexpected first tonight.  (from Holder's POV)

Phrases and Quotes from Hopeless and the Bonus Scene from Holder's POV from Colleen Hoover

 description




Hopeless

by
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever. 


From Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.