Friday 25 January 2013

The Other Side of Us

The Other Side of Us

Adult Romance
Source: eARC/NetGalley
 
by
The best thing between Oliver Barrett and Mackenzie Williams is a fence. Ever since Oliver's new-neighbor gestures were met with unfriendly responses, he's decided to keep his distance. After all, he's in this seaside town to get his life on track again. That doesn't include working hard to get on Mackenzie's good side—no matter how intriguing she may be. His intentions are put to the test, however, when his dog becomes infatuated with hers. The two crafty canines do their best to break down the barriers between the properties. And where the dogs go…, well, the humans must follow! It doesn't take long for a powerful attraction to build between Oliver and Mackenzie. They soon discover that the worst of first impressions can lead to the best possible outcomes… 

From Goodreads

My Review...

Well....I have read other Sarah Mayberry books and loved them so I guess I had higher hopes for this book.  I don't know what it is with this book but I just couldn't connect with Oliver and Mackenzie. It wasn't until the end that I appreciated them as a couple. 

My heart went out both of their individual situations but their chemistry together for me just didn't shine through. 

I loved the concept of the book and finding love in all the wrong places and time. Also that fact that Oliver could look past everything and love Mackenzie for her and not for her outer shell or first impression but I felt their conversations dry and awkward and wow between the two of them.

The thing I adored the most about the book was the interaction with their dogs.  It was kept me going in the book. 

I wish I could of liked it more but it just didn't grab me. :(

2.5 Dog Loving Thumbs up! 
thumbs upthumbs up. 5 

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.