Sunday 27 January 2013

I Choose You (Friends & Lovers Trilogy)


I Choose You (Friends & Lovers #2)

New Adult
Source: Kindle

by
Coming Dec 27, 2012 - This is a New Adult Title - Meant for Readers 18 & Older.

Up until now, Nicole's life has been mapped out for her. She'd go to college, marry Jake and become the upstanding minister's wife. When she leaves that life to begin again in a small town in Texas, she finally has the freedom to live as she chooses. There, she meets Kent, a guy whose charm and passion make it hard to stick to her morals.

Dodging his father’s fists and protecting his twin sister made Kent into the man he is today. He learned by watching his mother stay by his father’s side that it’s better to keep relationships simple. Then he meets Nicole. Her sweet smile and genuine response to him land like punches to his resolve. After a lifetime of learning to protect his heart, can he finally let down his guard? 




My Review... 

Sooooooo.... I really like the concept of this trilogy and I found this one better than the first book and I have a feeling that Rich's book is going to be the best of the three. 

The reason that I am not in love with the series is that I find that they proceed to quickly which causes me to lose the connection of the characters.  

  

I like the characters but I find sometimes their dialogue awkward and as I said early everything just felt too quick...BOOM there it is.    
Having said that I do still like the series and I am invested in them.  The reason I think they keep getting better because you met Rich and Nicole in the first book so their individual characters already grabbed you into feeling like you knew them.  That is why I think that Rich's is going to be the best because he has been a constant through out the series.

I am a big fan of friends turned to lovers yet these friends are a little more cozy than some a little more like the 90's version of Melrose Place without all the crazy drama. 

Anyhoo I seem to be rambling so.....3.5 thumbs up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5 

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.