Friday 4 January 2013

Up In Flames


Up In Flames

Mature YA
Source: Kindle 
 
by
One small town girl with a bright future.
One smokejumper with a dark past.
One summer that will forever change them both.
They’re going . . .

Up In Flames.

Elle’s life couldn’t possibly get any more small town than it already is. She was raised in the same home as the two generations before her were, her family owns the iconic downtown cafe, and she’s been dating the pastor’s son since she was allowed to go on her first date at sixteen.

Cole’s life couldn’t possibly get any larger. He’s tried. Roaming from town to town for the past three summers as a smokejumper, Cole dreads the thought of putting down roots. The only thing he avoids more than that is settling down with one woman, especially when there are as many willing women as there are trees in the forest he jumps out of planes to save.

Elle Montgomery’s life is going one way. And Cole Carson’s is going the opposite. There’s no reason their paths should ever intersect, even in a small town in central Washington.

But summer in the Methow Valley has other plans for Elle and Cole. After an awkward run-in at the local swimming hole, Elle tries to keep away from the guy who looks at her like she’s already lying beneath him in bed. She fails. Cole is about as successful at staying away from the girl who seems immune to his charms.

As the summer heats up, and tensions between Elle and Cole run high, he begins to realize there’s more he’s attracted to than Elle’s body, and she discovers there’s a lot more to the man that jumps out of planes into raging forest fires than meets the eye.

UP IN FLAMES is a New Adult Romance intended for mature readers due to steamy content and saucy language 


From Goodreads
  



My Review...

I first stumbled upon Nicole Williams with her Crash series which I just LOVED so I was super stoked to read this book.  

Normally I'm not a big fan of cheating but in the case of Elle you get why she makes the decisions that she does. She is so confused and is doing everything that everyone else wants instead of doing what she wants. With Cole it is the first time that Elle realizes that she wants more out of life. 

The chemistry between Cole and Elle feels real yet visceral in their response to one another.  There is such a draw between the two that is inevitable that they would get together.  I loved her Grandma M and her free spirit and also I loved how her Dad finally opens up his reigns and lets his little girl go free. 

My favorite part I think is when Cole saves Elle. There was just something about it. I can't even give words to give that scene justice. 

All in all I really did like this book and of course Cole and Elle. For sure recommend this book

4 Thumbs Up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I've seen mixed reviews on this book, but I think I might have to give it a try. Great Review, Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I definitely think it is worth a read. Let me know what you think after you read it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.