Thursday 17 January 2013

Get your Groove on Thursday- All the Rowboats

This week's song comes from Vain by Fisher Amelie and it is All the Rowboats by Regina Spektor

All the Rowboats  by Regina Spektor


Itunes Canada:
All the Rowboats - What We Saw from the Cheap Seats (Deluxe Version)

Itunes USA:
All the Rowboats - What We Saw from the Cheap Seats

My hands began to visibly shake and Spencer stilled them with his own. Regina Spektor's All the Rowboats began to play and I couldn't help but let the haunting melody seep into my skin.  The words felt prophetic, although the subjects of her song were entirely objects, but when I really defined myself, that's what I was, a mere object and it was all by my own doing. I was those breathing objects, desperately aching to escape, to live, and suddenly a calm washed over me.


Quote from Vain by Fisher Amelie





VAIN

by
If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.

I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

***
“Hold me tighter,” I whispered against his teeth. He clutched me closer yet not tight enough. “More,” I demanded.
He drew me firmer against him and I felt every ridge of his body.
“Is that close enough?” he laughed into my throat.
“Perfect,” I told him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.