Monday 4 March 2013

Suicide Note


Suicide Note

by
**Disclaimer: This book contains no acts of suicide and it does have a 'Happily Ever After'**

A soldier returning for mid-tour leave decides to stay with a cousin in Maine, after his fiancĂ© leaves him for someone else while he is away at war. His cousin is going through his own devastation and is struggling to pick up the pieces and move on with his family. As they try to help each other through the pain, Shane's path crosses Jenn's and he soon learns that everything happens for a reason. 


Synopsis from Goodreads



My Review...

I was given the opportunity to read an early ARC of Suicide Note and I was so excited because I'm a huge fan of Teresa Mummert. I absolutely love the Honor and Breaking Sin series.

I didn't know what to expect out of this book with the synopsis given but right away I fell in love with Jenn & Shane.

When I was first read it I really liked it but after I read it I kept thinking about it and thinking about which made me realize that I loved it. It ended up being a beautiful story and one of those stories that seeps into your soul long after you read it.

The relationship between Shane & Jenn was a slow growth without too much distraction. At first you think Jenn needs the saving then we realize that it really is Shane that needs the saving.  Thank goodness that Jenn had not lost all of her love and fight with lack of emotional support and shitty family that she has. Thank goodness she sees the good in others and that she can be the one to save Shane.

I loved the realness of the story with the back in forth between Jenn and Shane and how you see what is happening in both of their worlds when they are not together. This really helps the evolution of them as individuals and together.

It was a great love story about love, loss and second chances.


4 Emotional Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Great review. Can't wait to read this book - happy to hear that the story has 'realnesA's the last few books I've read have been lacking in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely looks great. The title really got my attention. I'll be adding this to my to-buy pile.
    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I hope you get a chance to read it. It is such a great book.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.