Monday 20 August 2012

Book Boyfriend - Jase Garrett

This weeks Book Boyfriend Monday is....

Jase Garrett from My life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

The reasons why I love Jase Garrett
1) Well first off his family is fabulous especially George
2) The way he takes care of what is his especially his family and what he considers is his family
3)He can find the best in everyone
4) The way he loves Samantha no matter what
5) The way he has Samantha's back when life gets tough for her

Here are some examples of why I love Jase

"So, you don't have some persona?" I sit down in the grass next to the driveway.  "Nope. What you see is what you get." He grins at me again.

"I hear you've been engulfed by my family. Sorry about that." "It's fine." I sidle back a little. I'm again in my nightgown, which seems a disadvantage.  "They're the best thing I've got, but they can be a little" - he pauses, as though searching for a definition -"overwhelming."

"You and Jase seeing each other?" "Friends." "Don't hurt him. He's the nicest guy on the planet."

"Wait just a minute here," Jase interrupts. "What Sam and I feel about each other isn't some" - he pauses searching for words -"marketing tool."

"I love you. It's okay." Jase looks straight into my eyes. "Yeah," he whispers. "It is, isn't it? I love you too, my Sam."

All Quotes and phrases from My life next door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


My Life Next Door

by

A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


From Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.