Monday 20 August 2012

Castles on the Sand


Castles on the Sand

(LDS YA Fiction)

Source: eARC 

by

"A fast-paced blend of high-stakes drama and average teenage concerns (sex, appearance, friends), capped with a welcome message of hope." ~Kirkus Reviews

Madison Lukas knows her place in the world. She’s not pretty, not interesting, and therefore easy to forget.

John Britton is serving his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and has been praying for fifteen years to find the sister he lost in his parents’ divorce. She is beautiful, talented, and makes kindness a fine art.

When John and Madison cross paths, he recognizes her at once, but Madison is certain that he’s got it all wrong. Even if she is his long-lost sister, she can’t possibly be the exceptional, amazing girl he thinks she is, can she?


From Goodreads




My Review....

I first found E.M. Tippetts with Someone Else's Fairytale which I loved and just found out there is going to be a sequel (*squeal*) so I was super excited to be given the chance to read this book. LDS is not my normal genre but between E.M. Tippetts and Jolene Perry's books I am starting to fall in love with this genre a bit. 

In Castles on the Sand from the beginning you are trying to find out what the true story is.  It is not to often that a long lost brother just shows up on your doorstop that you know nothing of which blows your world apart and then to have a vacant mom which adds to the drama. 

When it comes to Madison finding her way with boys with J.P, Carter and Alex and I was super excited with who she chooses as I found his story loving and profound. I think that they make a great pair and bring out the best in one another.

The others like Siraj whom I loved his dry wit and sense of humor and the heart breaking story of Kailie from her family to her cruelty. I also loved the role of John Britton and the love and loss that he feels.  His addition into Madison's family is a true blessing.

This story had many ups and downs and I love the way E.M. Tippetts writes with catching the nuances of people characters in her stories. 

I loved this story from the beginning to the end. I also hope this story has a sequel because I would love to find out more of Madison's family especially John and also how Madison and ____:) (Don't want to spoil it for all) relationships turns out.

5 Fabulous thumbs up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review, and for not spoiling the love story ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. There is just something so beautiful about that love story that I felt I could not give it away. :) Everyone will just have to read it to find out who she chooses.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.